• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
omg Jason
How are you able to get every single amiibo literally within a minute of it going up?!
I think I read you were the first to order from one site as well

omg Jason
How are you able to get every single amiibo literally within a minute of it going up?!
I use a computer with 8GB of DDR3 RAM, Quad-Core Processor, Broadband Speed of 90.00Mbps and the fact that I am constantly checking my emails and I am also a college student with too much free time.

Not only that... I cancelled my six ShopTo.net preorders of those amiibo before you posted your post as my last cancellation confirmation email was received in my inbox at 9.39am.

I have to admit that I am a bit of a pro at this. XD

Last edited:
Oh wow. xD
I used to check reddit amiibo a couple times a day to try and get Robin/Lucina because I really wanted them and they were impossible to get but I don't really want anyone that bad since Dark Pit/Palutena.

I got the Nintendo Store email at 9:34 but it didn't show up as a push notification on my phone until 7 minutes later. I was on my phone at the time so it either synced late or I didn't notice lol.

Hey Klave, I can most honestly say that I have NEVER had an issue with any amiibo wave so far released and I have been through all the previous five waves and I am even quick enough to get multiple preorders of the amiibo.

I even have the Mewtwo amiibo and 8-Bit Mario Modern Colours amiibo preordered twice.

Lol, you're too pro at this to compete with. :p
Lets see how well I have done regarding amiibo...

Super Mario Maker + 8-Bit Mario Classic Colours amiibo x2
Mr. Game & Watch amiibo x5
R.O.B amiibo x2
Duck Hunt Duo amiibo x2
Mii Brawler amiibo x2
Mii Sword Fighter amiibo x2
Mii Gunner amiibo x2
Mewtwo amiibo x2
8-Bit Mario Modern Colours amiibo x2

A grand total of 21 amiibo are listed there.

@Klave. Clear out your PM inbox. I want to send another PM. ;)

Last edited:
I believe that these photos are of better quality than my previous uploads.

DSC_0013_zps2kf5zfrs.jpg

DSC_0012_zpsfannmqqk.jpg

DSC_0011_zpssgsrrmzr.jpg

DSC_0010_zps0wdb7xze.jpg

DSC_0009_zpshanbpxon.jpg

DSC_0008_zps8tiif38b.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsesvgitph.jpg

DSC_0006_zpsyuxw2vmn.jpg

Last edited:
Lets see how well I have done regarding amiibo...

Super Mario Maker + 8-Bit Mario Classic Colours amiibo x2
Mr. Game & Watch amiibo x5
R.O.B amiibo x2
Duck Hunt Duo amiibo x2
Mii Brawler amiibo x2
Mii Sword Fighter amiibo x2
Mii Gunner amiibo x2
Mewtwo amiibo x2
8-Bit Mario Modern Colours amiibo x2

A grand total of 21 amiibo are listed there.

@Klave. Clear out your PM inbox. I want to send another PM. ;)

Oh wow. I just check amazon.com and add the ones I want to my wishlist. Then I just wait for the price to drop to something reasonable. It is less annoying then trying to fight for some store exclusive the day it comes out.

One of GAME UK's branches have posted an announcement regarding a Shovel Knight amiibo due for release on the 27th of November.
I did a little bit of digging into this as they quickly removed the twitter post and I have managed to get *some* small information.

I phoned the original GAME store that posted the tweet and I received "We are unable to comment on that product"
I phoned another GAME store that I am a regular visitor of and the staff member I spoke to said "We cannot say anything about this, but wait until tomorrow. About 6.00am."

Well, I don't think he's ever starred in his own game. Wasn't he literally made just to be a partner to Wario in party-type or sports games?

Shovel Knight is an interesting choice, considering Waluigi is more prominent overall in the Nintendo world, but Shovel Knight does star in his own game. That, and any time Nintendo talks about indie games, Shovel Knight pops up, and Nintendo was the first to have Shovel Knight on their consoles.

Throwing a mention that it isn't compatible with Smash, he isn't in the game.

Which of the two are you referring to? Since neither is actually in Smash.

In either case, I know Shovel Knight was a fairly popular vote, at the very least. Maybe it's a hint (or maybe it's all fake, who knows!).

Which of the two are you referring to? Since neither is actually in Smash.

In either case, I know Shovel Knight was a fairly popular vote, at the very least. Maybe it's a hint (or maybe it's all fake, who knows!).

Pretty sure Puffle is referring to Shovel Knight. ;)

I've never played Shovel Knight so the news that he is getting an amiibo doesn't really mean much to me. :p
Good for him sure, but I won't get it. ;)

Back