• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
Why does it seem like nobody ever uses their Amiibos in the games? They just buy them to look at them. That makes 0 sense. Why buy it and not use it?

You know that minigame thing in brawl where you shoot coins at trophies that you can't even do anything with? It's literally the irl version of that. or at least I think it is. I don't have any amiibos bc they're stupid

You know that minigame thing in brawl where you shoot coins at trophies that you can't even do anything with? It's literally the irl version of that. or at least I think it is. I don't have any amiibos bc they're stupid

I played that minigame waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much xD

WHAT'S GOOODDDD
zgHaeWL.png

box has a chipped corner damn shopto but i'm gonna open it anyway yes lordt
also got a preorder for green yarn yoshi on Amazon.de yay

Why does it seem like nobody ever uses their Amiibos in the games? They just buy them to look at them. That makes 0 sense. Why buy it and not use it?

I'd use them more if they had a little more utility aside from unlocking stuff.

I know I only have two Amiibo at the moment- Bowser and the Inkling Girl- but I'd love to see more use from them. Just having them unlock some extra stuff, act as another CPU and look pretty on your shelf is kind of disappointing. Doesn't stop me from wanting to collect my mains and get the Inkling Boy, though...

One perk, though? They make for some excellent drawing references.

for any of my australian bfs (aka haydenn);

Nintendo AU NZ ‏@NintendoAUNZ 10m10 minutes ago

Look who's returning! Villager, Ness, Little Mac, Captain Falcon?
Check with your local retailer for availability!

CGextJFVAAApwcP.jpg

I saw Megaman at Target today, but omg Villager and WFT
I was going to save up but oh
*explode*

EDIT: Megaman and Lucina available online at Target AU

Last edited:
I saw Megaman at Target today, but omg Villager and WFT
I was going to save up but oh
*explode*

EDIT: Megaman and Lucina available online at Target AU
They has Big Mac available earlier today for like am hour too

I don't really care about any of them but I'm gonna try get a second edition villager coz swag

Ness is coming a day earlier aka today hell yeah I'm so hype man *** lemme drop kick you
Very cool Javocado. My Ness arrived two days earlier back in April. I was supposed to receive him on the 24th of April.

EDIT: Target claims that there will be another Target exclusive amiibo planned for Wave 5. Oh joyous days!!! XD

Last edited:
My first amiibo arrived today, Pikachu! I also got out of work early and went to meet up with some friends and one of them gave me SSB Mario- they had got him as a gift and didn't want him. Link should be arriving tomorrow so that will put my teeny tiny collection up by one, also I am unboxing any boxed amiibo since Pikachu and Mario were unboxed so I want my collection to be all neat and stuff, I don't care about losing value or whatever :p

EDIT: Oh and I'm really disappointed with Game and Argos, Game for having the in-store amiibo prices way higher than online (?15 for a Mario amiibo, no thanks) and Argos for having ZERO amiibo in both their in-town and out of town shops, not even a Mario to be found :/
My local Game had a Diddy Kong, should I have bought him? They have always had at least one of him since he released so I don't have to worry too much if I should get him, I can grab him on my next day off...

Last edited:
Very cool Javocado. My Ness arrived two days earlier back in April. I was supposed to receive him on the 24th of April.

EDIT: Target claims that there will be another Target exclusive amiibo planned for Wave 5. Oh joyous days!!! XD

if it's ganon or zss i'm gonna

pay a premium to get it imported *sobs*

Wouldn't be surprised if Ganondork or Zero Skill Spamus would be exclusives for Target.

What a lovely time to be in Europe.

If it ain't NA then I don't wanna talk!!!
You must have every region to be supreme amiibo collector!!
Also, no box must have creases or rips!!!

#fraud
But... but... but... we have it SO much easier to acquire amiibo over here...

I suppose the NA ones are more collectable due to the crap you guys go through with NOA messing every single wave up... But OUR UK amiibo are STILL THE SAME characters that NOE don't seem to mess up... They still sell out ridiculously quick...

Last edited:
Back