• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Alt Character house ideas?

Mayor-of-Bliss

Bells
Hey everyone looking for some opinions.
I have three alts right now I'm trying to decide what to do with each house.

Cedar- house is in the middle of my pine forest.
Was thinking a...cabin. Something. Idk.

Clover- house is next to my police station by my town hall. Was thinking an inn or hospital or government type building like a library I really dunno at all. I was thinking my music Hall.
But I want that maybe as my third alts Ceres.

Ceres- lives in that strip of land noone knows what to do with the river makes. House backs up to train tracks. Might make it the music Hall because I thought I want the music Hall to be a castle. Castle out off the way would be cool to visit I just can't landscape around it as much as I wish.

Ideas? I'm definitely making a music Hall but not sure if I want it to be Ceres or Clovers house. I want the foresty house to at most be two floors nothing bigger. I'm wishy washy. Thanks!

Last edited:
maybe a musical witch? or a gardener? or maybe they can be some type of human animal?? like half wolf or half fox or somethin?

Both of my alts are princess themed, however...

You could do a LOZ theme, an oriental theme, sweets, ect. There's soooo many ways!!

I think for the forest house it would be a cute idea to have it as like a tree house. So have the first floor be something outside like, and then the top floor could be the cabin-esc tree house. I don't know why but that's what hit me, and I don't think I've seen it be done before...

I agree with the castle being the music hall, I think that'd be a nice idea.

And for the one you want as a building why not do a few of the ideas? It could be a public center and have a little hospital office in one room, a library in another, maybe a government office in another?

A treehouse would be really cool. No idea if that would be the point I got across but I love those real life tree houses (like an actual house not just a little clubhouse).
I randomly thought maybe a fishing store part in one (just a floor).
A combination house with all those things would work hopefully it wouldn't look too Hodge podge.

I'm glad the castle sounds okay :)
I need to upgrade another house ASAP my mayor's home is overrun with music boxes now downstairs :(

Last edited:
A treehouse would be really cool. No idea if that would be the point I got across but I love those real life tree houses (like an actual house not just a little clubhouse).
I randomly thought maybe a fishing store part in one (just a floor).
A combination house with all those things would work hopefully it wouldn't look too Hodge podge.

I'm glad the castle sounds okay :)
I need to upgrade another house ASAP my mayor's home is overrun with music boxes now downstairs :(

I realized how neat combo houses were in HHD! In my opinion if you make the main floor like a "foyer" kind of entrance space and maybe get signs to for each "store" or department branching off it would look really neat. Like any of these: 1 2 3
Then you could customize signs for each of the stores so in the little lobby/entrance area people can see what store/building each room is going to be.

And for the tree house if you had like one of the outside type of walls I think people might be able to figure it out, and put like a sparrows nest in the house too would be cute.

Last edited:
my mayor is a witch-y type with a ramshackle-like cabin... i think the chalet exterior works really well with a hedge fence and the multicoloured stone roof, so maybe that for Cedar?

love the castle idea!

i would go for the library. maybe combo library/cafe? or bookshop/cafe? the new furniture from the update really works well with that. i have a lot of extra cafe-themed items so lmk if you go that route, i could help out

For Ceres' castle, I would consider putting a square or round topiary on each side. It would be traditional castle-y landscaping, but wouldn't take up much of your limited strip-of-land space.

Love KaydeeKrunk's idea of having a tree house for Cedar. :)

Back