• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNH Villager Rankdown (#1 and #2 HAVE BEEN POSTED!)

Save gala, cut poppy.

Perhaps I'm biased (I have Gala on my island. Such a sweetie.) but I find Gala to be far more interesting than Poppy. First of all, I prefer Gala's big blue sparkly eyes as oppose to Poppy's somewhat demonic-looking black eyes. I also don't really like Poppy's large orange nose, idk why but I feel like she'd've been far cuter with a tiny nose. Her color scheme is OK but Gala's is better because of the soft pink tones rather than the drastic-looking white against burgundy. I also dislike Poppy's main dress, the green really just doesn't look good with the other colors. Her house is pretty interesting but the rest of her doesn't look to good in it, I think if Fauna owned that house it'd be much more fitting. Also, just a side note, but Gala seems so much more grown-up than little Poppy. Poppy looks like a 12 y/o. Sorry.

9c8f85db9219e71681bbf1f2435cffce.png

Okay, I know marina may be an unpopular cut. But we had her on my husband’s island and just never clicked with her. He chose her as his original normal after reading about how she was extra special and popular because she somehow had unique traits and dialogue (obviously not true; but we were both new). This kind of set us up for disappointment, but we really did try to give her chance.
She should come across as bold and striking in design, but somehow there is not enough contrast so she seems kind of...flat.
Finally, this is a silly thing but I always seemed to get the worst side of the normal dialogue frame her. Unlike fauna and flurry and Stella her dialogue seemed to stick to ‘oh, I always imagine no one likes me’ or her being a wet blanket. I ‘overheard’ a conversation between her and Stella where Stella was planning them a book club out doors and planning to make snacks, and bring lanterns. And marina just said ‘well it will be too dark to read’ and Stella suggested something else and marina replied ‘well then it isn’t really a book club’ or something.’ Jeez! Totally unfair I know, and I know all normals are the same, but marina just did not work out for me. So good bye marina! (It also did not help me that my husband gave her the most hideous assortment of clothes).

A picture of her being cute with Deirdre to take the sting off a bit:

0BBA7376-03C0-406C-A96E-0571100CE85C.jpeg

Okay, I know marina may be an unpopular cut. But we had her on my husband’s island and just never clicked with her. He chose her as his original normal after reading about how she was extra special and popular because she somehow had unique traits and dialogue (obviously not true; but we were both new). This kind of set us up for disappointment, but we really did try to give her chance.
She should come across as bold and striking in design, but somehow there is not enough contrast so she seems kind of...flat.
Finally, this is a silly thing but I always seemed to get the worst side of the normal dialogue frame her. Unlike fauna and flurry and Stella her dialogue seemed to stick to ‘oh, I always imagine no one likes me’ or her being a wet blanket. I ‘overheard’ a conversation between her and Stella where Stella was planning them a book club out doors and planning to make snacks, and bring lanterns. And marina just said ‘well it will be too dark to read’ and Stella suggested something else and marina replied ‘well then it isn’t really a book club’ or something.’ Jeez! Totally unfair I know, and I know all normals are the same, but marina just did not work out for me. So good bye marina! (It also did not help me that my husband gave her the most hideous assortment of clothes).

A picture of her being cute with Deirdre to take the sting off a bit:

View attachment 322849
broo i was gonna cut marina but i though someone had saved her. i really hate marina's design and the sucker mouth is just eUgh ew i hate it. so i wish to extend my heartfelt gratitude for your cut

Save Prince, cut Whitney - write up to follow

Whitney sorry not sorry but that snooty act isn’t charming anyone ( not like my boy here prince) I need villagers who build me up not bring me down a peg or two. Let’s face it the look is nothing to write home about sure your arctic but this is supposed to be a tropical island love no place for an arctic wolf... is that even a thing? Arctic foxes everywhere are ashamed to be associated with you! Seriously though there are so many great wolves and you sadly aren’t one of them. Your missing that quirk, that spark or that edge that the others have. I know that you won’t even be the tiniest bit bothered by my judgement and that is why you find yourself here - cut! So long Whitney go powder your nose!

Darn- Whitney dodged the axe sorry failing miserably here revised post to follow😕

Attachments

• 048A8C29-D9A1-49EB-A34F-861F8DEAAC24.jpeg
    048A8C29-D9A1-49EB-A34F-861F8DEAAC24.jpeg
    10.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Out of every villager here, Fauna was probably the highest priority on my target list. It's not that I dislike her, it just that I can't find anything interesting about her. I'm frustratingly indifferent towards her (and at least for villagers I don't like, they at least have a quality that make me feel something), and her colour scheme is just dull all around. Is she cute? Kind of, I guess. I wouldn't call her ugly. But that's the thing. In pretty much every way, she's as neutral as her colour scheme. In the case of popular villagers, I can usually find some appeal in them and I try not to be too liberal with who I call 'overrated', but to me, Fauna is definitely the most overrated villager in ACNH. Her house is cool, though, and I can appreciate the more natural vibes she gives off, but... she just seems so forgettable. Among all the cool-looking deer in the game, Fauna just doesn't stand out at all.

FaunaPicACNH.png
😭 This is so funny to me because it is literally what I thought of her...and then she came to my campsite and somehow I ended up loving her, and I seemed to have really good luck with the dialogue I got with her. And I dressed her up, etc, and sometimes she was so cute. And anyway I came to love her though she was always missing that special whatever to make her a favorite/ permanent. And she just moved out two days ago and well...I know exactly what you are talking about but 😭

great write up!

y'know. this whole contest thing is getting a lot more fun.

Who wants to bet that Curlos will win because I'll be paying top-dollar for y'all to not cut him

Okies take 2...

Save Prince, cut Tia- or myself perhaps 🤣

Tia I am in fact so very sorry to see you go. Rather than fabricate a write up on all the things I dislike about you I’ll write about what I like about you. Your perfect tea pot design being a Brit there’s one thing I love and that’s tea! Who’d have thought that an elephant would make a perfect teapot?! It saddens me to see you falling into gender stereotypes donning your maid outfit you were born to stand out that’s why on my Mums island where you are a permanent resident you don a meme shirt. Tia is playful, fun and so incredibly sweet what more could you want from a villager on your island. Unfortunately you were no Prince Charming and sadly the axe has fallen on you. Farewell Tia, I’ve always time for a spot of tea when I come round to visit. Gone but never forgotten....

Attachments

• 3EEC4094-AA78-4EF4-A790-8C09B4A3AC92.png
    3EEC4094-AA78-4EF4-A790-8C09B4A3AC92.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
With the conclusion of @Florence + The Machine ’s nominations, it is now @WaileaNoRei ’s turn to nominate. Remember, you can nominate any villager in the Top 140, as long as they aren’t fast pass recipients or villagers that were saved in the last set of nominations.

1. Baabara
2. Bob
3. Chester
4. Cookie
5. Erik
6. Hans
7. Kabuki
8. Mint
9. O’Hare
10. Pinky
11. Roald
12. Tiffany

hope there are no repeats, I did my best to cross check the lists! Let’s see what you make of this group!

Save Kabuki cut Chester write up to follow.

Chester is in fact the stuff of nightmares. I mean imagine those cold dead eyes staring at you through the palm trees of your island paradise. His face is downright depressing it’s literally impossible for him to turn that frown upside down. I can only assume he is distantly related to his much bigger brother Chow who at least has the pink thing going for him. Pandas are some of the cutest animals in the animal kingdom why anyone would think that that face has done them any justice? I mean had he have been red we would be having a different write up now... So Its checkmate to Chester come back when you’ve gotten a dose of colour in your life!

Attachments

• B147788F-8ABA-496F-B5A4-E1C8D42ECD53.png
    B147788F-8ABA-496F-B5A4-E1C8D42ECD53.png
    687.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the smug personality in general, but O'Hare in particular gets on my nerves. This is the first villager I'm cutting that I actually have personal experience with, and he just really rubbed me the wrong way when I had him. He gives off a condescending vibe that I don't like, which is a problem for me with the smugs in general, but I don't mind some of them; I guess O'Hare just isn't cute enough to balance it out, or in particular, he just gives off a more snobby aura than the rest. I don't know if it's his name, his eyes, his mouth, or a combination of all of it, but there's something about him that takes the smug personality to extraSmug and I really don't like it.

OHarePicACNH.png

Save: Hans
Cut: Bob

There's something about Bob that I've never liked. He was just ok before New Horizons, but now he's creepy imo. His shifty eyes make it look like he's always up to something nefarious, and his smile really drives home the unnerving factor. Added onto the fact that he's a purple cat, he's like some weird lab experiment or something (think along the lines of Mewtwo, I guess). He also has a kinda ugly house with the multicolor wooden furniture (used to be the kiddie set iirc), and the yellow exterior is ugly. His NL purple house was way better and I wish they had kept that. I'm happy to get rid of him because Bob has always been overhyped imo. Moe is the superior lazy cat.
Bob_NH.png

Save erik, cut tiffany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
write-up to follow
Post automatically merged:

Save Pinky cut Erik

Write up soon~
nooooooo we posted at the sime time :( can we make a compromise and keep erik this once

Back