• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ac spin off game wish

MiniPocketWorld

Away rn.
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Light Brown Scenery
Zen Easter Egg
Zen Easter Egg
Zen Easter Egg
Light Brown Scenery
Light Brown Scenery
Plum Blossom
Plum Blossom
Plum Blossom
Light Brown Scenery
For some reason I'm a little surprised something like this hasn't been done. Or if it has, let me know because I'd want to check it out.

There are a TON of villagers.... I would love to see a spin off game that's a mash up of Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games and Animal crossing.
It would be alot of fun to play a bunch of little mini games with all of the villagers from animal crossing.

Hamtaro was Olympic themed and after so many in game days, the had an award ceremony. Though I don't care for sports, the game was fun. The games were simple but you still had to pay attention to hit buttons are the right times, and not start moving before the whistle sounded to start the game. You had teams. You played as different hamsters in the mini games. There were 3 games a day and you can get to them at your own speed. The day didn't end until you when to bed and there wasn't a timer on the day.
There was a "story part' of the game too that had a little exploring and fun optional dialog to read from NPCs. There were some collectables like cute hats, and even a few find quests and little things to discover.

An Animal Crossing Spin off game similar to this could be alot of fun. It doesn't have to be Olympic themed or sports themed really but I'd love to play tennis, volleyball, or synchronized swimming with new kk tuned with villagers. Since cooking was introduced to the series, there could be mini games pertaining to the process of seeds to food. And exploring with fun little things to discover, achieve, and collect are always fun.

Screenshot_20220714-091402~3.png

Screenshot_20220714-091402~2.png

Check it out and hop around:
YouTube 3min review and playfootage of Hamtaro Ham Ham Games

Last edited:
I remember that game! The synchronized swimming game is the one I have the clearest memories of, even though I'm not sure why? A spin-off like that would be fun, I agree.

To be honest, Id don't know what kind of spin-off game I'd like. Part of me would love a Mario Party spin-off, but I know Amiibo Festival exists and was not that great. So perhaps a Mario Party spin-off with a bit more effort?

I'd love to have my opponents randomized each time, from all of the regular villagers. Special NPCs, like Tom Nook would show up as 'bosses' every now and then, where you'd compete against them for the in-game star equivalent. More minigames (since I've heard AF is lacking there) and, every time you finish a board, you get to keep the bells/star-equivalent so that you can buy items from the Nook store that can customize your house, just like in the main games.

I'd be interested in seeing Animal Crossing explore something with more narrative. It's just always bothered me that these characters have lore and backstory surrounding them, but it's never actually been important to the games. Something like Stardew Valley, where there's an emphasis on farming and performing daily rituals, but doing so overtime allows you to get closer to the villagers on an emotional level and to get to know their stories and potentially lead them down a better life.

Though, er, I don't think an Animal Crossing game should necessarily be as depressing as Stardew Valley can occasionally be. But I'd like to see them experiment with a format that completely shakes up what an Animal Crossing game can be. I've even mentioned before that I'd like to see one that experiments with a calendar system that doesn't take place in real time.

In other words, if they made an Animal Crossing spin-off game, I'd be interested in seeing it as a different approach to the same genre, similar to how Pokémon has a number of spin-offs that are also RPG's, but are mechanically and narratively very different from the core games.

I'd love a Animal Crossing racing game. Imagine racing as Buck through the the different sections of the museum with Blathers waving the checkered flag! There could be themed islands to race aswell, such as Halloween decorated with Jack, Easter with Zipper T. and Christmas with Jingle, and some normal themed tracks such as: dirt road, beach, maybe even a maze type track with obstacles, where each of the players are timed to see who can find their way out first.

Back