• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Wow, so much info here, sadly I don't have the time (and patience, lol) to run through 300 pages of content, but love that this iteration adds so many new things, fruits, flowers, full clothing, community projects, and so much others. It sure seems the biggest update of the series.

Hurry up Nintendo and release it in the Americas already!! :D

Since grass wear was confirmed in the game, I feel like the sloth who manages the garden shop has a way to revive the grass. I mean, it would make sense right? I may be wrong, just a guess~

Since grass wear was confirmed in the game, I feel like the sloth who manages the garden shop has a way to revive the grass. I mean, it would make sense right? I may be wrong, just a guess~

I think it was confirmed he sells grass seeds? I sure hope so.

EDIT: Yeah, apparently he sells "fertilizer" in the fully upgraded nook department store.

Last edited:
Here's two screenshots showing off the grasswear in ACNL if anyone has yet to see.

tumblr_mdpji6oq2O1rw15ybo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mdpji6oq2O1rw15ybo2_400.jpg

Credits to sweetiebel on Tumblr

Looks like it deteriorates very slow and there's still the possible grass seeds we can hope for as well.

You have got to be kidding me. How could they make the same mistake twice? I don't care if the grass erosion is slower, or if you can buy grass seeds. I don't want my grass to die at all. Ugh, I'm sad.

Oh well, I'm still getting this game the day it comes out.

idk here's some random screenshots from tumblr

T81pO.jpg

HHy8k.jpg
(it seems you can display patterns on the wall)
5lqr9.jpg
(what a cool hot tub!)
v8Y0L.jpg
(i need that flamingo omg)
3B2fH.jpg
(dat yellow pikmin hat)
wlfYD.jpg
(I don't remember this villager...)
z7cHy.jpg
(those Mario accessories are p. cool)
wNmXX.png
(my favorite glasses are back o3o)
that littler mermaid thing is cool. And I'd never seen the yellow pikmin hat in use so glad i got to see that

Idk if this is the right place to post this but anyways....

Am I the only person who sees the acorn-whacking minigame as a whack-Resetti game?

>.< sorry if it's off-topic
nope. I see it as whack the acorn tortimer

not that i'm trying to start anything (or not believing her name is still katie) but that does not confirm in any way her name is Katia

I think it was confirmed he sells grass seeds? I sure hope so.

EDIT: Yeah, apparently he sells "fertilizer" in the fully upgraded nook department store.
source? never read this (only speculation) would like to read up on it myself

Here's two screenshots showing off the grasswear in ACNL if anyone has yet to see.

tumblr_mdpji6oq2O1rw15ybo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mdpji6oq2O1rw15ybo2_400.jpg

Credits to sweetiebel on Tumblr

Looks like it deteriorates very slow and there's still the possible grass seeds we can hope for as well.
Yeah thought it would be back

You have got to be kidding me. How could they make the same mistake twice? I don't care if the grass erosion is slower, or if you can buy grass seeds. I don't want my grass to die at all. Ugh, I'm sad.

Oh well, I'm still getting this game the day it comes out.
I know you said you're still getting the game, but if you're going to whine about it then don't get the game

Grass deterioration doesn't matter to me. I always like to walk slow to embrace the nature.
...In other words, I like to play the game slowly and not run like an eccentric madman.

This isn't new information, but confirmation (not that there was any doubt they wouldn't be back) that these guys are back:
HNI_0095-1.jpg

I doubt this is new, but I thought it was funny:
HNI_0090.jpg

HNI_0092.jpg

:p

So whats fishing like? Are there more fish to catch or is it all the same. That's always been one of my favorite things in the game.

So whats fishing like? Are there more fish to catch or is it all the same. That's always been one of my favorite things in the game.

It's been confirmed that there are some more new fish as well as returning fish from CF and WW. Along with fish, there are marine animals that can be caught by diving.

This is a question for those of you that have been playing the game. How are the controls? Is it better than they were on WW?

Many japanese wikis for the game list Fertilizer as a "tool" you can purchase in the department store. I know wikis aren't fully reliable, so we'll find out once someone has Nooks fully upgraded.

A little disappointed about the grass deterioration being back. It's one of the main reasons I didn't get City Folk.

However, I might even like it so I'm excited to see if it even has much of an affect on my game. I doubt they'd put it back in after so many people complained about it without giving us a better way to fix it. :) So it's just one more new thing for me to be excited about.

Back