• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

2019 Music Suggestions [MASTERPOST WIP]

Cwynne

gay
Bells
Switch
4795-8769-8081
New Horizons Token
Tasty Cake
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Ruby
Cherry (Fruit)
Lobo
Spring Shamrock
Ay so this is basically a thread where I'm gonna list some bands/artists I recommend for really anyone who's looking for something to listen to or a new band to get into. This is gonna be sorta masterpost-y in that I'm gonna group them by genre/style/etc so if there's a particular thing you're looking for you can check out that tab. This is by no means a full list of all the music I like, just some notable suggestions. Also it's like one in the morning as of posting this so I apologize for any inconsistencies or typos :p

So yeah I guess that's that, and without further ado here is my work-in-progress list of 2019 music suggestions :)

Disclaimers:
-Some of these artists may only be available on Spotify as that is the streaming service I use
-Many of these artists may fit well in multiple categories, I tried my best to place them in the category that seemed most accurate

Asterisked bands/artists = highly recommended

-City Girl
-Essence
-*GameChops (they make game-specific ambient/background music; notable albums include Zelda & Chill, Animal Crossing: KK and Friends, Undertale Remixed and Year of the Yoshi)
-Hakaisu
-In Love With a Ghost (probably my favorite out of this category [next to GameChops], "Flowers (ft. Nori)" is a good song to start with)
-Madeon (a bit more techopop-ish but still fits in this category in my opinion)
-Mt. Marcy
-Peachy!
-Smuv
-tiffi
-Amber Run (?5am? is a good song to start with)
-Aquilo
-*Bon Iver (the self-titled album is my personal favorite as well as a good place to start in my opinion)
-The Cinematic Orchestra (?To Build a Home? is a gorgeous song)
-Jai Wolf ("Starlight" is a good song to start with)
-J?nsi
-Lord Huron ("The Night We Met" is a good song to start with)
-RY X (the Berlin EP from 2013 is a personal favorite of mine)
-*Sleeping at Last
-A Day to Remember
-*Arctic Monkeys (AM is a particularly good album to start with)
-Blink-182
-*Bring Me The Horizon (Sempiternal is my personal favorite album but That?s The Spirit may be a better one to start with)
-Escape the Fate (Dying is Your Latest Fashion is a good album to start with)
-Foo Fighters
-*grandson (notable songs include ?Thoughts & Prayers?, ?Best Friends?, and ?Overdose?)
-*Green Day
-Nirvana
-Pierce the Veil
-*Sleeping With Sirens (Madness and Let?s Cheers to This are good albums to start with)
-*Weezer
-All Time Low
-Fall Out Boy
-*The Killers (Hot Fuss is a good album to start with)
-*The Maine (strongly recommend Lovely Little Lonely as well as American Candy)
-*The Neighbourhood (one of my favorites, notable songs include "Alleyways" and "Everybody?s Watching Me (Uh Oh)")
-Panic! at the Disco (Vices and Virtues is a personal favorite album)
-Set it Off
-Twenty One Pilots
-The 1975
-AJR (notable songs include "Netflix Trip" if you like The Office and "Sober Up" which features Rivers Cuomo if you like Weezer)
-Bear Hands
-Billie Eilish (notable songs include "Bellyache" and "Party Favor"
-*COIN (notable songs include "Talk Too Much" and "Boyfriend")
-*Foster the People
-Grouplove
-Hozier (notable songs include "Foreigner?s God" and "From Eden")
-Marianas Trench (Ever After is my personal favorite album as well as a good place to start)
-Matt Maeson
-Melanie Martinez (please don"t @ me about the controversy)
-Neon Trees (notable songs include "Sins of My Youth" and "In the Next Room", both Picture Show and Habits are good albums to start with)
-New Politics
-*Night Riots (notable songs include "Contagious" and "Follow You")
-*OK Go
-The Wombats

**Things I will try to come back and add as this is most definitely a WIP**
-notes about the style/sound of each individual band/artist
-more artists
-more categories

NOTE: I'm also open to the idea of making personalized playlists, hit me up if you're interested and if enough people are I'll open a thread and start doing that :)

Also, if anyone has suggestions for better categorization (i.e. move a band to a different category, a better name for a category, a separate category altogether) please let me know!!

Last edited:
Some artists I recommend, mainly alt-pop:

- Bleachers
- Allie X
- Janelle Monae
- Kacey Musgraves
- Mitski
- Rina Sawayama
- Kim Petras
- Lizzo
- Hayley Kiyoko
- King Princess