• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

2017 - first impressions

Heck (aka where I live) is freezing over. These past few days have been the coldest ever. The kitchen pipes burst this morning womp womp
Nature's revenge for the election. We got our not-usually-so-heckish weather taken away as punishment and replaced with ultra heck

tbh 2016 was a really good year for me, better than most. I really grew a lot as a person, moved in with my boyfriend, got my GED, moved to another state, got my first real job etc
Hopefully 2017 will be even better ~

My first impression is I'm scared, somewhat, as I see before my eyes why war is the natural order of life. It seems like people get along less and less, and separate and divide more and more. Maybe this is just in politics, but it seems to plague social media & that's where everybody's focus & attention is, right? The one place this doesn't apply, is the bell tree forums. People here are overly friendly, and I love it. If only the world was filled with Animal Crossing fans all trying to help each other fill out their catalogs and get fishing badges, things would be ok. But as things are now, I've never seen so much hate being thrown around for people who have never met each other. Political parties, and their followers, being absolutely ruthless to one another. Trump's arrogance and unpredictability is going to be very interesting for the next few years...

Now, I hate politics, and certainly don't want to stir up that discussion, as nothing good will ever come of it. lol So, moving on.... :)

2017 has been okay so far I guess? But it could be better. New Year's is always a let down anyway because the holiday season is over, people have to go back to school and work, so it's better to not expect too much. :') That being said I've managed to meet up with a few friends already, went to a Korean BBQ restaurant for the first time, visited the city a few times, etc. On the downside I was in a bad mood the other day so I got into a fight with my mum and I haven't seen her in a few days so I'm hoping we can forgive and forget it now. I don't normally argue like that but I just wasn't feeling myself.

Last edited:
It started off pretty good. I worked out again after months, spent time with people I care about and I've got a positive attitude. School's starting tomorrow. Hope that goes well too.

Honestly thought it was gonna be good, but certain interactions have made it ehh. MY fiance and I have also had to deal with some ****ty people already too

This year is going to be full of adventures! I've done so many things and gone to so many places so far. ^_^

it was ok! i wanted to go to school on thurs & fri but my parents were away and i had no means of goin to school so i missed 2 days and i really regret not going

they did so many projects and im worried abt my grades aaaa

2017 has not started off great. My puppy died over the weekend. I hope it only goes up from that.

It's poop so far. I waited 2 hours for financial aid office, and I finally got the the loan approve, which have been approved since November. Their computer system is wack, and it kept saying it was denied. -_- This should have prevented if the financial aid advisor weren't lazy. Legit contacted them multiple times for couple of months, and I barley get any response unless I waste 2 hours eaiting in line for a "sorry" response. Right now, I have a hold on my account, so I can't change my courses (enroll different class and drop out the other one). I am not enroll into classes I wanted, because my major is impacted like crazy. Therefore, a lot of students = little spaces in class. So all the classes are filled up, and I need one upper division class in order to stay on track graduating within 4 years. University sucks. :,)

Back