Yokai Watch 2!

i don't think i'll ever buy it tbh. i rather play pokemon or buy more fire emblem crap. i just enjoy watching youtubers play it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

but if i had the extra money, and by chance i already had everything i wanted to prioritize, i'll buy it. it sounds cool.

It's here! I beat it the day I got it and it's really good, a lot better than the first game. Right now I'm just wasting my time by doing online battling and it's so much fun. The only problem I have with online battling is it takes forever to match me up with someone because of my high rank.

I was having a lot of fun w the game until I got stuck. I can't beat one of the storyline bosses (not saying who because I don't want to spoil anything) but the game ceased to be fun at that point.

ahh, sadly i didnt get the game (i spent my money on dragon quest!) but i should be getting it later this month!

ive seen alot more people talking about yokai watch, glad to see its getting the attention it deserves

I tried playing the demo and got bored with it.

actually the demo for the first game didn't give it justice at all, I was bored with it but when I bought the game it was something else. might be the case with sequel as well.

I'm still playing the first game, but I went ahead and bought Yokai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls the other night. Curious what the differences between the 2 versions are, the link in the OP didn't tell me much :/

I'm still playing the first game, but I went ahead and bought Yokai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls the other night. Curious what the differences between the 2 versions are, the link in the OP didn't tell me much :/

The only differences between the two versions are minor story changes, the team you fight for online, and version exclusive yo-kai.

I adore Yo-Kai Watch anime and manga, but I never tried any of the games yet besides the demos. I don't really get the gameplay of the game yet no matter how many times I play the demo, I'm just spamming Soultimate Moves against the opponents and wait until the opponent gets defeated. Does it get any better? Is Yo-Kai Watch 2 better than the first one and a better game to start with?

@ greggy: I think the games are great. I have 1 and 2(fleshy souls). The battles take a little getting used to, but they're very simple. 2 is just as good as 1 and you don't have to start with the first one.

@ greggy: I think the games are great. I have 1 and 2(fleshy souls). The battles take a little getting used to, but they're very simple. 2 is just as good as 1 and you don't have to start with the first one.

Can you explain how battles work in the game? It's not similar to Pok?mon nor Digimon, which are turn-based, and from what I've understand all I have to do is to spin a wheel to switch out Yo-Kai, make them do Soultimate Moves by doing things like tracing lines and tappimg circles, and wait until the opponent dies. Am I wrong on this?

Can you explain how battles work in the game? It's not similar to Pok?mon nor Digimon, which are turn-based, and from what I've understand all I have to do is to spin a wheel to switch out Yo-Kai, make them do Soultimate Moves by doing things like tracing lines and tappimg circles, and wait until the opponent dies. Am I wrong on this?

yea thats pretty much it but you have to "purify" them every once in a while as well

Last edited:
You don't have to spin the wheel at all. The Yokai battle regardless of your input. If one gets inspirited or dies you'd spin, but even at that point you aren't required to do so. You should pin a certain enemy to focus on though. That'll make things quicker.

I see. Thanks for the input! I think I should try renting or buy a second-hand of the first game or if I could do that. Just to get used to how the battles work more.

It is a really great franchise.

I just recently started power watching and playing YW1 and watching the anime series.

The anime in Japan was created after the video game. The game was just that damn awesome. The anime is great too but it doesn't contain sagas quite like YW2. I highly recommend watching the first YW anime movie before playing YW2, the stories seem identical so far from what I've played, (bony spirits all the way! I wanted that rare slimander that supposedly is way too hard to get by online trading.)

@Licorice, I highly recommend it, also if you're a fan of watching half decent commentary and walkthrough video on the YW series I've gotta recommend you check out AbdallahSmash026 on YouTube.

....woops, just realised I'm replying to page 1 of a thread, time to read the other 3 pages!

im late to the party but i just got bony spirits!

Back