• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

X and Y leaks in a store in Canada!

SpellCheckJoe

Bells
A store in Canada has officially been distributing Pokemon X and Pokemon Y today, DAYS BEFORE the launch date.

Information has been derived from Twitter, however there is a leaker that has dedicated an Instagram account to all of his findings with his Pokemon X copy which was obtained earlier today.

Instagram name of the leaker is: KOSTHEDIN

Be warned. There are MAJOR spoilers within that Instagram account, including the confirmation of a speculated pre-evo. He also has videos on this account, which proves the gameplay is 100% real.

Do you guys think GameFreak will release the new games early worldwide because of this disaster?!

Most likely not. If spoilers end up on Tumblr, I'm gone... until I beat the game.

It's at least a week before >.>

Damn, that store is gonna receive a lot of **** for this.

Funnily enough, it was a series of stores. Depending on if any of them get fined for it the rest of the area(I dunno how Canada does their area stuff) will be able to sell copies early as well.

KOSTHEDIN was contacted by Nintendo to stop leaking images. So he took down the screenshots.
I doubt they'll release it early; it's just those lucky Canadians that got it early. Xc

I don't think they would have taken the game off him. For one, he owns the game as he's paid for it? The shop it liable for the release he was a consumer who bought it when it was in shops. He did nothing wrong in my eyes, he posted pictures and videos of a game he just got. Unfortunately, it was released early but he shouldn't be penalised for it.

Last edited:
They didn't take the game off of him. He went back to the store and gave the game back so his friend wouldn't get fired.

The Nintendo rep that went down there only went there to keep anymore games from getting out.

I'm pretty sure he was aware of the release date and that he wasn't supposed to obtain it earlier than that. And our ownership of a game only extends so far, something which (along with ownership of other media) has been debated in court.

So I don't see anything wrong with Nintendo wanting his copy. He and his friend used poor judgement and had to face the consequences.

EDIT: I should read an article more carefully. It never actually says that Nintendo asked for his game back, just that they were less than pleased with the store in question.

Last edited:
I heard about this apparently nintendo is PISSED and is sending a representative down to that game stop.
it's gonna be on like donkey kong

I'm from Canada and I didn't get it. It's probably like family-runned stores that distributed it.

If the store released it, shouldn't it be considered out in Canada? How did the store even get it btw..

Back