Would you play Animal Crossing GameCube if it was re-released?

I don't think so. I'd rather just keep pushing forward. I do think it may benefit for the devs to reflect on the older games though.

I've always wanted a rerelease of this game! I never got to experience it, so this would be amazing. It would also let more people experience the game, so I hope Nintendo considers doing this.

For sure I would play the remake. People would probably find it slow paced and boring but it would give that feeling of nostalgia.

Uh, no. It may be the best game in some areas, but after playing the sequels for so long, I wouldn’t want to go back, even after rerelease.

Probably not. I'm already tired of remakes and remasters and as much as I do have nostalgia for this game, I don't see the point of a re-release when most of the other AC games are closer to expansions of the older games.

If anything, I think it would be better just to reintroduce the villagers that never made it past the GC games into a future game.

yes please!!!!
Definitely! I'm waiting for a gamecube port to the switch so I can finally play Animal Crossing, but also Zelda Wind Waker 😭
We freaking had that game but because of my 3 brothers and older sister I was never allowed to play because i was always the noob of the family 🥲

But I would love to play the "original" animal crossing! It would be a nice way to get into a new AC world again without having to wait for a whole new game 😊

Heck yeah, I would totally play this game!
It would be a great opportunity for Nintendo to bring back the rest of the removed villagers!

I would if the graphics are updated and look similar to NH. The blocky characters of the original really didn’t age very well and look bad

Absolutely! I'm even currently trying to find a copy of the original GameCube AC for a decent price as I'd be super interested in giving it a shot, though most listings are expensive so still on the lookout 😅

Hmm, I'd try it, assuming it came with like, Nintendo Online or something. But it wouldn't be my GameCube town, so I can't see myself playing for more than a few hours.

If I really wanted to play, I'd just boot up my own copy.

I would 100% play it. I was only 4 when it came out and my parents were dead set against my brother and I having gaming consoles so I completely missed out on it. I’d love to play it just for the experience and actually looked at getting a Gamecube and copy of the game a few months back. But retro gaming seems to be pretty expensive at the moment and I couldn’t justify the price for one game. So a port to the switch would be amazing for me.

Back