• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Why have they stripped so much from the game???

blossoming

Bells
The NPCs first. Harriet, Katrina, Leif etc. Now these silly building tools and shops. Idek if they have the fairytale bridge anymore. Maybe it's just me but I prefer new leaf

i hope some of them are coming soon. i was already upset that rover didn't show up. that was the nostalgic factor for me. so sad.

i think they really wanted to stick with the "deserted" island theme, hence why there's only a few NPCs.

I think that there’s so much more to come through updates and unlocking things. The game is meant to be enjoyed over a long period of time, and this one has been the most hyped. I hope/believe there is more excitement to come :blush:

yeah don't give up on it yet, there are future updates. seems likes they're doing this more slowly and adding stuff in the future. seeing as there's people that are already time traveling and are bound to get sick of it soon lol. they probably had that in mind.

I'm enjoying the game a lot but I really hope most things get added back via regular updates over the year. Even if they do I'll probably still be a bit disappointed-- I'm on board with holidays and some big things being DLC/updates, but they really cut so much basic stuff out. The more I learn about the game the more it feels incomplete and lacking in personality compared to NL. I feel like I paid $60 to get an enhanced mobile game-esque experience :(

It just feels like pocket camp and tbh I didnt even like that game very much, it just feels like is it even worth it to save up so much just to play a game that's just like a mobile phone game ����

Yes, passing judgement after just three days past release seems adequate. /s

Is it already sure Katrina isn't in the game?

I miss a paintings and art section in the museum though

Isn’t it a bit too early though? We haven’t unlocked that much yet. Well, that maybe just me cause I don’t time travel but, I’m actually enjoying the slow buildup. I’m sure there’s more to come.

What it lacks in content it is making up for in game play, visuals and great new additions and I don't truly believe these things are cut for good. A lot of the things missing we technically wouldn't have access to right now if we're playing normally.

I guess the crafting will always be a hit or miss for individual players, I gotta say I enjoy it way more than I thought I would, but I could imagine the frustration if you don't enjoy it.

Isn’t it a bit too early though? We haven’t unlocked that much yet. Well, that maybe just me cause I don’t time travel but, I’m actually enjoying the slow buildup. I’m sure there’s more to come.

to be fair, even for people who time traveled or looked for spoilers they found out majority of those NPCs (brewster, luna, katrina, redd, booker & copper) are not coming back. not on this update at least. and i doubt we'd get any major updates until a few months later. it's just that we can't blame people that look for them because the more you think about it/play it, the more you'll feel like it's a bit watered down in the NPC department.

i mean you can't tell me that you're not at least a bit disappointed that cafe/brewster is not coming back?

Yes, passing judgement after just three days past release seems adequate. /s

That... doesn't make criticism invalid though? We know a fair amount about the game from various sources including game files, some people have TTed very far ahead and finished the initial 'story' part of the game, and a lot of people that got the game day 1 have experienced a good amount of the game's mechanics.

It's a fact that at this moment they've cut a lot of things from the game with no word on whether or not those characters/stores/activities/etc. will be returning or not. I do think they will be adding more content over time, but ATM people can only work with the knowledge they have. Personally I'm cautiously optimistic, but I know that if they don't add anything beyond holidays via those downloadable updates they mentioned this game will certainly rank below New Leaf and the GC game for me.

That... doesn't make criticism invalid though? We know a fair amount about the game from various sources including game files, some people have TTed very far ahead and finished the initial 'story' part of the game, and a lot of people that got the game day 1 have experienced a good amount of the game's mechanics.

It's a fact that at this moment they've cut a lot of things from the game with no word on whether or not those characters/stores/activities/etc. will be returning or not. I do think they will be adding more content over time, but ATM people can only work with the knowledge they have. Personally I'm cautiously optimistic, but I know that if they don't add anything beyond holidays via those downloadable updates they mentioned this game will certainly rank below New Leaf and the GC game for me.

Honestly true. I didnt think new leaf would be my favorite game of animal crossing but it looks like it will be. No dream suite either??

I'm starting to get that feeling too.

I thought something was off when I realised there was only half the fruit trees, but I've logged my entire island and I didn't find a single stump pattern.

People are saying they will update it later... But on that point I would like to add that New Leaf had all these extra things right at the beginning and we still had a major update.

Like do we only have 1 type of sapling even?

When I think on it, we just have less in every respect, only now we have a crafting mechanic. I feel like they've drawn more inspiration from the mobile game instead of the main series, and it's just making me sad.

If this game is this popular, I don't even think they are going to fix it.

There just all this STUFF missing, and the STUFF is what makes Animal Crossing. I don't know what to say.

Last edited:
Indeed it seems like many cool shops, npcs and some cool features are missing.

Club LOL, Shampoodle, Roost Cafe, Kicks shop, Fortune Teller shop, Dream Suite, Police Station, Post Office, Re-tail, Redd, Resetti centre, RV campsite. I hope we will get some cool outdoor project works like in ACNL. And can we swim in ACNH?

No doubt NH is way more beautiful in terms of artworks and animations but I can't turn my island into a town with just a few shop buildings available :(

I think ACNL is unbeatable; incredible contents, better gameplay and fun.

Last edited:
the thing is, if people are truly upset about some of these missing things they can always patch it in with a new update

My main disappointment is there's VERY little to do with friends, I feel?

I really miss island tours with friends where you could play games together. At the moment, you can invite buddies to your island, but it feels like there isn't much to do with them except catch bugs and fish together. Even then, I've noticed my fish stop spawning if friends are over too long.

Also, I miss gyroids haha.

But I guess this is the way of things, these days. Most games are "live services" now, where you're sold about 2/3rds of a game, and then more content is slowly added over time to keep people playing and paying monthly subs. That said, complaints aside, I do LOVE this game -- and for everything I miss, there's about 10 more new improvements I love.

it seems a bit soon to judge what is and isn't in the game. i do believe a lot of NPCs are gone, however i do think there are a lot of new things and i don't see why they would have removed the tools we have seen in gameplay before release.

Indeed it seems like many cool shops and npcs are missing.

Club LOL, Shampoodle, Roost Cafe, Kicks shop, Fortune Teller shop, Dream Suite, Police Station, Post Office, Re-tail, Redd, RV campsite. I hope we will get some cool outdoor project works like in ACNL.

No doubt NH is way more beautiful in terms of artworks and animations but I can't turn my island into a town with just a few shop buildings available :(

I think ACNL is unbeatable; incredible contents, better gameplay and fun.

new leaf really set the bar high. this is why.

i know we're pretty early on, but we waited this long so i can't blame the rants. i can see the points they made, i don't think they're invalid. sure some are tiny ridiculous things, but the major ones could turn some people off. the main release has to give the first impression and so far i feel like they put it all on graphics, with us hoping the remaining would follow later on.

Last edited:
Back