• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Why did Nintendo create ACCF?

AnimalCrossingGurrl said:
Ciaran said:
SAMwich said:
Twilight] Quoting limited to 4 levels deep[/quote]You can very easily change a WEP connection to a WPA connection with no costs... I'm not going to say Money like most everyone else in this thread has said. I think it's to introduce it to a bigger audience of people who don't own a DS. It also did have more features than Wild World said:
Excuse me. Did you just say Animal Crossing used to be hard core?

:D Ahh... That made my day.[/size]
It did, there was so much depth and hidden secrets to the old games, city folk was as plain as it seemed, very little variety in day to day tasks...

I found City Folk to be simply a result from copying-pasting Wild World and add a city, as well of little extras. It leads me into several reasons why they made this:

- Obviously for money
- They sold millions copies of Animal Crossing: Wild World
- Aimed to attract casual gamers
- To keep up with the nearly inevitable "Release a sequel in 3 years" pattern
- To give more accessibility, such as inclusion of physical keyboard support and for being the first game to support WiiSpeak.

That's pretty much of what I could ponder. Let's hope Nintendo will put more effort and soul in the next AC game.

TheBigJC7777777 said:
I found City Folk to be simply a result from copying-pasting Wild World and add a city, as well of little extras. It leads me into several reasons why they made this:

- Obviously for money
- They sold millions copies of Animal Crossing: Wild World
- Aimed to attract casual gamers
- To keep up with the nearly inevitable "Release a sequel in 3 years" pattern
- To give more accessibility, such as inclusion of physical keyboard support and for being the first game to support WiiSpeak.

That's pretty much of what I could ponder. Let's hope Nintendo will put more effort and soul in the next AC game.
Pfft, like that'll ever happen.

Back