• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Why did Nintendo create ACCF?

Money, for those who are new to AC, and a version on the Wii (which supports WPA and WPA2).

It's the same reason as to why the created Wild World, and why they keep creating new games such as Pokemon and Mario, It is just because it will be an old game on a different format and people will think it will be awesome jsut because it is on Wii. But ti wont.

As many have said here, money. Plus I think this game enabled people to play on a big screen for the first time (if they had missed out on the original Gamecube version, sadly I'm one of them...) >_>

nook said:
Money, for those who are new to AC, and a version on the Wii (which supports WPA and WPA2).
I back this up!

DS Owner's weren't able to get out and about in other people's town on AC:WW unless they had a WEP Connection or a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector.

So, apart from the money, they also made it so that people were actually able to use Nintendo WFC.

Twilight][quote="nook said:
I back this up!

DS Owner's weren't able to get out and about in other people's town on AC:WW unless they had a WEP Connection or a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector.

So, apart from the money, they also made it so that people were actually able to use Nintendo WFC.[/quote]You can very easily change a WEP connection to a WPA connection with no costs...

I'm not going to say Money like most everyone else in this thread has said. I think it's to introduce it to a bigger audience of people who don't own a DS. It also did have more features than Wild World, such as a lot more events, Wii Speak, Pro designs, Town upgrades and Silver tools. So yeah, the main reason most likely is Money but there are other things too.

SAMwich said:
I back this up!

So, apart from the money, they also made it so that people were actually able to use Nintendo WFC.
You can very easily change a WEP connection to a WPA connection with no costs...

I'm not going to say Money like most everyone else in this thread has said. I think it's to introduce it to a bigger audience of people who don't own a DS. It also did have more features than Wild World, such as a lot more events, Wii Speak, Pro designs, Town upgrades and Silver tools. So yeah, the main reason most likely is Money but there are other things too.[/quote]Ironic, that Wild World sold much better then, isnt it?

They should have aimed to recapture the wild world audience by making it better, not diluting it to simplicity to appeal to everyone, AC used to be harcore.

sorry just gotta put my 2 cents in here but yeah its money and the wii is a new system that didn't have animal crossing and some people never even played the ds or game cube version but it is mainly for money.

Ciaran said:
SAMwich said:
I back this up!

You can very easily change a WEP connection to a WPA connection with no costs...

I'm not going to say Money like most everyone else in this thread has said. I think it's to introduce it to a bigger audience of people who don't own a DS. It also did have more features than Wild World, such as a lot more events, Wii Speak, Pro designs, Town upgrades and Silver tools. So yeah, the main reason most likely is Money but there are other things too.
Ironic, that Wild World sold much better then, isnt it?

They should have aimed to recapture the wild world audience by making it better, not diluting it to simplicity to appeal to everyone, AC used to be harcore.[/quote]Excuse me. Did you just say Animal Crossing used to be hard core?

:D Ahh... That made my day.

Back