• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Which controller do you use? 🎮

Yanrima~

History-loving Princess
Bells
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Since I see half of the players use GameCube controllers for playing, I thought it would be interesting to ask this question because I'm curious to which type of controller do you prefer.

Mine is the Switch pro controller and I thought it was underrated. What's your preference in which controller to use?

I also use the Switch pro controller. It just makes everything easier for any game I'm playing.

I use the pro controller for the Switch because it's the most comfortable controller for me to use.

Switch Pro Controller mostly for playing my games on the Nintendo Switch. (used to play on Joy Cons but the darn thing had some drifting which I know how annoying that is)

I prefer the GC controller; it’s what I grew up with for playing both Melee and Brawl

Though for a time I had to use the Joy-Cons docked onto that makeshift “controller” frame and ended up getting somewhat used to the button layout on it, so once I switched to GC it took a little bit to get readjusted again

I strictly use the GameCube controller for Super Smash Bros. games and have done so since Melee. Brawl was thankfully compatible since the Wii had GameCube controller and memory card slots. I got the GameCube controller adapter for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and then swapped to using it for the Switch when Super Smash Bros. Ultimate came out.

While I use the Pro Controller for basically every other game on the Switch, and I could probably do fine with the Pro Controller, it just doesn't feel right to me to use anything other than the GameCube controller for Smash since I'm so used to it. I also just generally like the GameCube controller; I used it for anything I could on the Wii and only ever used the Wiimote and Nunchuck when a game forced their use. Meanwhile, I avoid JoyCons like the plague because of their propensity to develop drift.

I use the Switch pro controller. I don't have any adapters for the GameCube controllers, not that I really feel like using one when playing Smash mind you, and I prefer the feel of the pro controller over the Joy-Cons.

if i'm playing games on my switch and i'm in my room, i play most games docked and connected to the tv and use a pro controller. i find joycons make my hands start to cramp after awhile. i only play smash using a pro controller though, even if i'm not playing it docked to my tv. i just find it easier and much more comfortable to use. i used to love using a gamecube controller back when the wii had the inputs for it!

I mostly use the Switch pro controller.

I haven't played TV mode in forever, but for the vast majority I would use the Pro Controller. For Super Smash Bros, GCN controller, because I'm just used to that.

I use the Animal Crossing-themed pro controller.

1696667536736.jpeg

Either the Joycons in Handheld mode or the Switch Pro Controller If I am playing with the desktop holder I have.

I got this last year...I have a weakness for anything purple

I also have these... but.. they're just so big and bulky I can't play with them... sadly they just sit on my shelf...

I usually use my switch pro controller but something crazy in me for some reason likes to use a single joycon. I hate gamecube controllers lol

i just use the normal switch joycons 🤷 gamecube controller sounds good in theory but i’ve been using the joycons since i first bought ssbu, oh well too late now

Back