• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Whats your definition of a "gamer"?

Someone who plays a variety of games, and intensely enjoys them

I think a gamer is someone who plays games.

Now getting into the topic of hardcore, casual, competitive, and professional gamers is something a bit different. As for me, I've been a hardcore casual gamer for a while now. I put tons of hours into games however I haven't been playing particularly competitive games lately and they are mostly co-op games like Spiral Knights and Rusty Hearts. No particular reason, just what I'm in the mood for currently and they fit my gamer needs.

A gamer is simply someone who plays video games, table top games, etc. There's a hierarchy beneath the gamer category that categorizes what kind of gamer someone is.

As long as someone enjoys what they play they're pretty much a gamer. I consider tabletop games just as intense as a video game and therefore have no qualms including gamers into those categories.

A gamer to me is someone who enjoys playing video games. As in playing different genres with different consoles.

Would I be considered a 'collector' then?

tumblr_m41gduhlin1rutuoco2_400.gif

I think a gamer is anyone who plays a game. I look at it more towards video games though.

I'd consider someone a gamer if they either play a video game a lot or a really good at them. However, I wouldn't consider someone a gamer if they were really bad at video games, they have to at least be decent. Calling someone who plays video games, but stinks at them is like calling someone who needs pool floaties and a life jacket a swimmer. Time does count for something, but skill is mainly what makes you a gamer, imop.

A gamer is simply someone who plays video games, table top games, etc. There's a hierarchy beneath the gamer category that categorizes what kind of gamer someone is.

As long as someone enjoys what they play they're pretty much a gamer. I consider tabletop games just as intense as a video game and therefore have no qualms including gamers into those categories.

By table top you mean monopoly, checkers, clue, etc?

Are your walls filled with thousands of games?

@Garrett: I assume tabletop refers to D&D kind of stuff.

Zr hit the nail really, but I believe the answers you're interested in is revealed with you ask about the "castes" or something.

all i have to say...

JasonBurrows always has to prove his own self-worth, even when the thread isn't about him and there's no hope in hell he'd ever be an administrator.

@sock; true never through of a gamer being considered someone playing like scrabble. IMO i just see video games affiliated with a gamer

yeah, usually when i hear about someone who's a "gamer", i automatically suppose they play video games :p.

Gamer is who enjoying playing games on PC, TV, and Xbox or else in a PS3. He or she would enjoy playing several kinds of games and they have fixed their mind for those games.

Someone who plays a few different styles of games on a variety of consoles, and plays a session for a long time

Someone who is highly expert at all types of the game world. Also must play video games for a long time.

SWEET MOTHER MARY, IT'S CONOR!

And someone that plays all kinds of games. Mainly games that involve a controller, not a guitar, or drums, etc. That someone would also be well-versed in video games and be able to talk about all kinds of games, not just Call of Duty.

SWEET MOTHER MARY, IT'S CONOR!

And someone that plays all kinds of games. Mainly games that involve a controller, not a guitar, or drums, etc. That someone would also be well-versed in video games and be able to talk about all kinds of games, not just Call of Duty.

:cool:

Back