• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What's the story behind everyone's island name?

Comatose, to fit with the trippy/sleepy/galaxy theme I'm going to do
I actually was decided on Sloom (I use that word for a lot of my usernames and it means "light sleep" lol) since the first trailer came out but then I changed my mind a month before the game came out. glad I did because I prefer the one I have now

I named mine Sero Isle because it’s the only thing that will keep my serotonin levels balanced while I’m stuck at home 😷

Citrus Key!
I have Oranges as my native fruit and I wanted to theme my town it around that, I hope we get lemons soon!

Hexenwald, Witch's Forest or Witch's Wood in German. It's been a recurring name for forests and such in my life recently, in my tabletop campaigns and we recently named our LARP grounds Hexenwald.

Elysium comes from Ancient Greek mythology, and it was an eternal paradise where the heroic, righteous and those chosen by the gods went to rest in the afterlife. I've always been a mythology geek and I wanted my island to be an eternal heavenly paradise too, plus I like the ring of it :)

I wanted to name my island "Rainbow" but my sister didn't like that name, so we settled on "Crayola" because that still represents a multitude of colours but she liked the sound better :p

I named my island Shinsufiru, after Okami’s Shinsu Field. ^^ It was almost Banyanyand, but as much as I loved that name I soon found out there are no bananas in NH so...would have been a bit awkward, a banana isle with no bananas haha.

My first Island was called SwordCoast because my bf and I love dungeons and dragons. I was super stuck for names.

Then I restarted and my first map that I liked had oranges so I wanted something with Citrus in it. The second word had to be short though. I was deciding between Mt. Citrus, Citrus Lake, and Citrus Bay. I picked Bay and got upset bc my bf was like 'like Salt Bae?". I almost reset again. After I stewed for a while I decided to own it and be the citrus bae of citrus Bay.

Reactions: Raz
Swing! I found it on a list of "cute" words and I really like how fun it sounds! I'm pretty fond of simple one word town names in general.

Puddle, because I think it's fitting for a town with only frogs and ducks in it.

Reactions: hzl
It’s Paradiso. Pretty simple, but it’s a resort for People, which have reached a certian Rank at their work and can relax the rest of their life. It’s from a Wii Game called „Opoona“.

Caeli, which means "Air" or "Wind" in Latin. I chose that name because, well, call me weird but i love everything about air or wind so i chose that name for my island and i have a plan to make my island aerodynamic lol

My island is named Honeymoon! I'm from Florida so it's named after my favorite local beach, Honeymoon Island. It's also kinda a pun bc I'm a beekeeper.
Here's a pic bc I love it and miss it so much:
honey.jpg

Domo, because I was learning Esperanto and it meant house
Post automatically merged:

h
Mine is Domum. I'm pretty terrible at names, and I was just messing around with different nouns and adjectives in different languages. Domum means home in Latin. I feel like animal crossing is a home and safe haven for me and many other players, so it felt fitting to call my island "home".

hahaha we have similar island names! xD

My island is Moga Isle, from Monster Hunter.

My New Leaf town was Pokke, also from Monster Hunter. At this point, it is tradition.

Mine is called Gale Isle, which is a reference to an island in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. It holds one of my favorite dungeons in the series!

I always name my town after people, so this time I went with the names of two characters from the book I was reading at the time for my island and villager, Lenù and Lila!

Lenù is the book's narrator and Lila is her childhood friend and the most central person in her life, so it felt meaningful to me to think of Lenù as an island and Lila being someone who lives there and reshapes it...

Back