Green Balloon
Light Blue Balloon
Purple Balloon
Yule Log
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I came up with something interesting. I have 10 different scenarios in my blog entry, and you have to come up with something. The questions are very tricky because of the parameters or strange situations. So this would require critical thinking rather than just simple thinking.

Here are the 10 questions. Share your answers in comments.

1. A new show premieres at 8:00 PM at your time. You want to watch the TV series premiere. Your brother or sister wants to watch another show that premieres on the same day at the same time. You have only one TV with cable, and they are on two different channels. Neither are willingly to split times for watching. Not only that, but you have no digital recording system. What would you do?
  2. You go out to eat at a restaurant at a party, and whatever you ordered was unavailable at the minute. You are unwillingly to accept alternatives because you have your heart set on what you wanted, as it was the reason why you went there. There was also nothing else you wanted. But your parents wanted you to eat something at the restaurant since it's a special party. Refusing to order something would result in serious consequences. What would you do?
  3. You are a teacher at Kindergarten, and you are about to teach kids about subtraction. One student asks you this: "Are there any numbers smaller than zero?" You know very well to not lie about anything in education, but you also know that you shouldn't teach Kindergarteners about negative numbers. What would you say?
  4. You decided to go shopping with a friend, but the only store both of you agree with was shut out of business. You don't like the stores your friend likes, and he/she doesn't like the stores you like, and both of you were hesitant to change plans. Your other friends are also too busy. What would you do?
  5. Your brother or sister wants to play board games with you. The bet was if you lost, you have to keep playing until you win. He/she even set the bet without having you agree to that. But you only feel like playing one game. You want to play your video games or do something else alone and with peace. You are also not in the mood to play board games. You lost, which means you were forced to play again, but you refuse to play the second time. Your brother or sister is even threatening to tell on you if you refuse to follow the bet. What would you do?
  6. Because of five disrusptive students in your class (which has 25 students), the whole class has received a detention, including you. Since you didn't even contribute to the disruption, you felt it was unjust and you skipped it for that reason. The next day, you were issued an office referral for not showing up, and you were punished with a whole week of detention. You try to dispute this with the principal. What would you say?
  7. You have a test in class tomorrow, so you have to study. The problem is, there is a party going on in your house, and they want to listen to loud music. The walls in the house are thin (like two to three inches thick), you can only study in your bedroom, and your parents allow the kids to listen to music all they want, even loud music. They understand that you have a test the next day, and they want you to study, but the kids are given the permission to have a party. What would you do?
  8. You were given some money for shopping as you can buy anything you want. Your only limit is that you can only spend less than how much you are given. There are two limited edition items for purchase, as you have enough money to buy just one. But you want both of them. Your parents don't like ordering online, as you can only buy at the store. What would you do?
  9. You were invited to a party, but if you attend, you are mandated to do some of the activities there with no exceptions. You didn't want to disappoint your friend by not showing up, but for some serious reasons, you couldn't do some of the mandated activities. What would you do?
  10. You are taking a math test, and you were sure that you studied for it. However, when you have to do one of the problems, the only method you have good understanding of was not allowed on the question as they expect you do use another method of doing the problem. You only know one method to do the problem, and if you get it wrong, you would blow your chance of getting an A on the test. What would you do?

Remember that your answers should be in comments. Have anything else to say, and I'll probably talk about it.

1. I'd suck it up and go play some Super Mario 64. TV is for suckers.

2. Just give me some chicken and I'll be good.

3. Why would it be bad to teach little kids about negative numbers? Are negative numbers a sin or something? They gotta learn eventually!

4. I'll go to the store my friend wants to go to, and then they can go to the one I want to go to. Simple dimple. If that don't work then we could always go to the arcade. Who ever turns down the arcade??

5. Let him tell on me and listen to my parents talk about how stupid his idea is. Or just beat him up.

6. Why the heck would anyone do that. Like seriously? If I skipped a detention I have every right to be referred.

7. Beat up the kids. I'm a freaking senior in high school. I don't need to listen to them.
And it sounds like that house has terrible insulation.

8. Depends on what the items are. If one was a SMB edition of the Nintendo Switch and the other was a Halo edition Xbox One, obviously I'd choose the former.

9. I really hate parties. I'd just stay home and play some NES.

10. Well if the test has 15 problems like all my pre-calculus quizzes and tests do, then it wouldn't be an issue. I've had this happen before, but I always get an A.

1. I'd ask a friend if I could go over to their house to watch it.

2. I'd just order something else on the menu and become grumpy all night.

3. "Yeah, there are numbers lower than zero, but you won't learn about them until much later."

4. I'd go to one store, my friend would go to another.

5. Let him tell on me. Wha harm can it do?

6. Wtf why would someone do that

7. E A R P L U G S

8. Loan off some money from my brother for the 2nd item and pay it back later.

9. I'd explain to my friend why I couldn't come to the party.

10. Attempt one method (the one known) on a different piece of paper, and try other methods until you get the same answer.

Back