• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what is lemonade?

what is lemonade?

• Total voters
I heard Australians think Sprite and Lemonade are the same thing can someone from backwardsland confirm

I heard Australians think Sprite and Lemonade are the same thing can someone from backwardsland confirm

Somewhat off-topic because it doesn't exactly pertain to lemonade, but in the U.S. you get different slang terms for soda-pop in different regions. In the north, it's referred to as pop, most places it's called soda. A friend of mine in Tennessee refers to all soda-pop flavors as Coke. Which to me is bizarre, because how the hell does someone know you want Mountain Dew or Doctor Pepper if you tell them you want a Coke? Perhaps the response to "I want a Coke" is "What flavor?" I don't know.

lem?on?ade
ˌleməˈnād/

noun
noun: lemonade; plural noun: lemonades

a drink made from lemon juice and sweetened water.​

Origin

iyCuC0p.png

mid 17th century: from French limonade, from limon ?lemon.?

Back