• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What features do you wish existed in AC:NL?

Nightmares

( ̄。 ̄)~zzz
Bells
Red Holiday Candle
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
New Leaf Token
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Blue Candy
Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
Happy Home Designer Token
Red Candy
Green Candy
I really wish villagers would start out in a tent :mad: Why do they get a house straight away??! *cries eternally*
I also wish there was more storage space - I ran out of room more than a year ago!
What features do you wish were in this game, or even the next one?

Last edited:
I wish only the person who put the path down could erase it, so sick of accidentally kicking away pathways and having to load my side villagers up to fix them!

i wish you had the option of once you've caught a bug/fish you can disable the text that appears everytime you catch something

I wish you could choose where villagers live somehow. Whether that's placing the house personally or setting up 10 possible plots and the villager chooses.

I always thought it would be cool to cut out separate tiles of carpet for an entire room.

More room for villagers :/ like maybe at least 12-15 spaces for villagers, ALSO on that note, have a sign post PWP so you can place where the villagers get to live!!!
It would be cool if we got to keep pets and take care of them via mini games, like some tropical birds or like maybe a dog??

Theres so many things that you can add but it would take a lot of time for programming and stuff.

*customize walls and carpet (and more customizing options)
*choosing where villagers live
*more shops on main street (give redd a shop!! pls!!! he could go on vacation sometimes like in city folk :>)
*a mode where u cant remove paths/qr codes on the ground. like. pls. i keep accidentally removing my paths and it's annoying af to go on another character to put it back.....
*more villagers and bigger towns (u could unlock bigger town and more villagers after a while amybe?? idk)
*more pwps u could do things with!! like not only sitting on them or looking at them.... i'd like more stuff like the reset center, the caf? etc :>

I agree with pretty much everything mentioned here. Especially with the storage space and influencing the spot the villagers choose to put their houses on.

It would actually be really nice if the pathing would be on a different layer than the fruits and the stuff you want to put on the ground, so that you could put stuff ON the pathing and wouldn't erase it on accident.

Also it would be helpful if the bug- and fish-log in your inventory would also tell you if the specific collectible is already in the museum or not and autostacking fruits would be awesome too.

Last edited:
I wish we had more storage space, both for items and designs. I also think it would be cool if we could refurbish certain carpets/wallpapers. That way refurbished sets could match the wallpaper! :)

A shopping basket for nooks! Load your basket up and pay at the door. Even if it was one basket per shop level it'd be easier than approaching and buying each individual item >___>

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also as far as choosing where villagers live - they could do this with sim city style zoning. You can map out your own residential zoning areas, that way you can be as uptight, midrange or carefree as you like by instigating various house sized zoning areas (to ensure houses are built in an exact spot), larger areas (to keep residents in/away from certain areas but still free to choose from a variety of plots) or zoning the entire map as a residential area which will just be exactly what we have now.

I wish paths were a separate thing to patterns so you could put down a whole path and not each and every single square that makes up a path. I also wish patterns influenced where villagers would put there home so they would care enough for the town to not ruin a path.

I wish u could be able to save in the island. When ur with friends n resseti pops up n u lose everything it sucks

* Better camera view outside like the one you have inside house
* More storage
* More tree and plant varieties
* More control of villager house placement and PWP
* Able to place furniture outside such as grills, patio furniture, birdbaths/feeders

I agree with all of these! Another one is that it would be easier to place projects. (Like how you'd place furniture in Happy Home Designer).

Larger town space, actually see under water, more bugs/fish species, more storage, more design storage, able to decide where villagers live, multiple ordinances at once, design pants/shoes/socks, more hat designs (don't separate them by sex either *cough* knit hat *cough*), Redd should have had a store, and Cyrus able to change colors of clothes. Also, tans need to keep longer.
L CocoaBean that's a great idea.

Last edited:
More plants!
I'm thinking cacti, water lilies, succulents, kelp, and more ground cover plants akin to the clovers we have now. A larger variety in non fruit bearing trees like weeping willows, birch or euctalyptus. Extra tall tress like sequoias and redwoods. Seasonally flowering trees would be lovely. More variety of bushes, different sizes would be especially nice. Planting vines like wisteria or ivy could be very interesting if you were able to plant them next to a building and subsequently have them grow on to the building. Grape vines could even be shaken and harvested! And flower varieties are endless.

Last edited:
*more villagers
*some way to get your villagers to move in better spots
*villagers can't move in on designs
*longer haircuts

Back