What features do you miss?

Rumblethumps

Fresh to Death
Bells
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
Are there any features from the old games that you wish they kept, or didn't change?

Personally, I kinda miss the dump from the first game. I guess now it's sort of the same thing as the police station and the trash can items, but...I dunno. It was really convenient.

(Also if there's any other thread like this, I apologize in advance :p)

Yeah, I really miss the dump too, but it makes sense that they would remove it to make the game more Eco-concious. It was just nice to go and pick up whatever you wanted instead of dealing with dialogue, lol.

The dump, morning aerobics, villagers on the island, better dialogue/personalities (snooties were actually snooty, etc), villagers talked to each other more often/would get mad/sad (was funny to watch), the little balls that would pop up and villagers would play with them, washing Gracie's car, villagers sleeping outside their house, Sports Fair, villagers not asking for fruit/bugs every other damn sentence, etc.

Last edited:
The dump, morning aerobics, villagers on the island, better dialogue/personalities (snooties were actually snooty, etc), villagers talked to each other more often/would get mad/sad (was funny to watch), the little balls that would pop up and villagers would play with them, washing Gracie's car, villagers sleeping outside their house, Sports Fair, villagers not asking for fruit/bugs every other damn sentence, etc.

I forgot all about Gracie's car, that was my favorite! The fashion check thing she does now in New Leaf is fun too, but it's just not the same, lol

tbh i really miss the little soccer balls that just showed up out of the blue

I miss the menu screen and music the most but also the title screens of the old games were good too I miss them all! </3

I miss the dump too, and I miss the Gyroid assistant.... I mean I like that we can save wherever we want in later titles, but I miss the other features the Gyroid offered :)

I miss the dump and Blather's old personality. I know it was kinda annoying, but at least you could learn something from him. Now, it's just him talking about him as a baby chick every time.

I personally loved constellations! the whole observatory was so nice, wish it was still in new leaf ):

I personally loved constellations! the whole observatory was so nice, wish it was still in new leaf ):

Ikr... I mean I like how the stars look more "realistic" but we should still have the observatory...

Also, I miss the old music, Acorn Festival, Flea Market, and I think in the gamecube version you could throw coins in the fountain/well...?

Last edited:

Yeah, the Museum Shop isn't really good unless you want silver tools, but I love the constellations and the music that would play when you did it.

I miss when the villagers would get mad they did this hilarious little dance with the puffs of smoke coming out of their head. and they had posts to designate where villagers could build houses. and the message in a bottle

I miss when the villagers would get mad they did this hilarious little dance with the puffs of smoke coming out of their head. and they had posts to designate where villagers could build houses. and the message in a bottle

Oh yeah!! I forgot about the house posts and the message in a bottle. I wish in acnl we could have a choice in the beginning about the posts where houses could go... When you get 100% approval Isabelle could ask you a bunch of questions and one of them would be like "So Mayor ___, where would you want houses to go?" and things such as: Anywhere!, I'll choose....(etc.) would pop up. idk something like that :l

I miss the insurance whenever you got stung by a bee. I also miss the aspect of a tiered town where you have the upper half on top of the cliff and the lower half with the beach. I know both of the handhelds used flat towns, but I think it would be cool to have big tiered towns like that. I don't miss how mean crankies and snooties used to be. I was never a fan of either personality before this game. I also miss being able to shake trees while holding an umbrella. And changing tools and stuff inside.

I miss the journals you could keep in your house. I thought it was so much fun to document my daily routine/happenings within the game as opposed to sharing it on a blog or some other exterior source. Plus you could write way more characters than you could in a letter. >.>

Back