What does and doesn't work for catching flies?

Mayor Jack

Mayor of Una
Bells
Switch
5120-5199-1045
Eerie Star Potion
New Horizons Token
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Coco
Lobo
Isabelle
User Title Color Change
Jack
To complete my bug exhibit in Una I need four more bugs and one is the fly. I've already caught one because it is in my encyclopedia but I must have not donated it or something! I'm trying to catch one and am wondering what does and doesn't work when catching them. I know you can use rotten fruit and bad turnips but I'm not patient enough to wait four days for Joan to come back then wait a week for my turnips to go rotten. I guess I could just keep shaking my p. pear trees again and again until they rot but I want to know if there is anything else you can use. Can you use chocolate coins and birthday/chocolate cake? Because I have both of those in my storage.
Thanks, Jack. :)

I caught mine by fishing out a tire and leaving it at the ground, back when I didn't have the beautiful town ordinance yet. With it, it's rarer (or impossible?) to find trash at the ocean, but if you can, try them.
With cakes and candy from halloween all you can get is ants.

I caught mine by fishing out a tire and leaving it at the ground, back when I didn't have the beautiful town ordinance yet. With it, it's rarer (or impossible?) to find trash at the ocean, but if you can, try them.
With cakes and candy from halloween all you can get is ants.

Oh! Thank you for letting me know! I thought cakes worked because I thought I had heard once that they did but that must have been ants. Unfortunately, I have the Beautiful town and with that ordinance enacted all garbage gets removed from the ocean so I wouldn't be able to do it with a tyre or can. I will just keep shaking my perfect trees and buy some turnips from Joan. Thanks for your help. :)

No problem! :)
If you don't mind getting items from others, maybe someone can give you a rotten fruit or trash so you don't have to wait?

No problem! :)
If you don't mind getting items from others, maybe someone can give you a rotten fruit or trash so you don't have to wait?

I might try that tomorrow if I have time but that will be Friday for me. On Sunday when you buy turnips from Joan if you TT just like a few hours I believe your turnips will automatically go rotten because the game thinks you are TTing to get a good price.

Back