• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What do you think of my art? ^-^

Eulo

Bells
I'm looking for opinions on my art! Heres some I did today! I'm not done with the Josh one lol.
bearpaw.jpgdani.jpgjosh.jpgoscar.jpgsonder.jpg

hello! i hope you don't mind receiving some constructive criticism, since you did ask for opinions. i think your art is good and has appealing qualities to it! your style is charming, and the one you colored turned out very well.

the main problem i would point out is a lack of attention to anatomy and facial structure. even when drawing highly stylized art, key principles like these are important to keep in mind! your posing for "bear paw" looks very natural and is well done, but your posing for "oscar" looks more awkward. i feel like you'd greatly benefit from looking at references for poses or even trying drawing from life. (i recently took a few life drawing classes and found them very helpful!)

in addition, remember to always practice drawing things you're afraid of drawing! you seem to struggle with drawing hands (i do too) and i think it's best to just keep practicing, rather than avoiding drawing them. nce again, though, your work shows lots of potential and charm.

best of luck with your art, i hope my critique has been helpful to you!

I agree with Tinkalila. Drawing with a reference can help tremendously; I use references a lot when I'm unsure of how to draw a certain pose I want. You can find a lot of pose references on Google Images, and you can also use rl examples too :)

But I do like what you have so far! I like that you appear to specialize in Splatoon-style characters, I haven't seen anyone else do that yet!

hello! i hope you don't mind receiving some constructive criticism, since you did ask for opinions. i think your art is good and has appealing qualities to it! your style is charming, and the one you colored turned out very well.

the main problem i would point out is a lack of attention to anatomy and facial structure. even when drawing highly stylized art, key principles like these are important to keep in mind! your posing for "bear paw" looks very natural and is well done, but your posing for "oscar" looks more awkward. i feel like you'd greatly benefit from looking at references for poses or even trying drawing from life. (i recently took a few life drawing classes and found them very helpful!)

in addition, remember to always practice drawing things you're afraid of drawing! you seem to struggle with drawing hands (i do too) and i think it's best to just keep practicing, rather than avoiding drawing them. nce again, though, your work shows lots of potential and charm.

best of luck with your art, i hope my critique has been helpful to you!

Thanks for the constructive critisim, I will definitely keep that in mind! Thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree with Tinkalila. Drawing with a reference can help tremendously; I use references a lot when I'm unsure of how to draw a certain pose I want. You can find a lot of pose references on Google Images, and you can also use rl examples too :)

But I do like what you have so far! I like that you appear to specialize in Splatoon-style characters, I haven't seen anyone else do that yet!

Thanks, I really do love splatoon so yeaaaah aha

Back