• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

What do you fill your island with?

I have a lil library near my resident services plaza. It's not very big but I adore it. I saw Kiki making use of it this afternoon! Bookshelves, a fireplace, and a couch!

historically (in previous games) I've mostly filled it with pathways and flowers, the flexibility in this game though...
So a LOT more paths than I've had before, if nothing else then for organization sake, I have several "secret" areas that I'm really kind of proud of, my main house is set up so you have to really go out of your way to get to it because I'm a recluse, but further than that you can only get to Hopper's house from my house (both elevated with measures set up to prevent ladder access, his area you have to jump to and it is not intuitive, because we are both recluses lol) then we have a little shared lower space with a little water at the back of the island access. I have a massive multi piece waterfall that hides Hopper's house from view and that makes a scenic backdrop for my camp site area. I have a second area that you have to jump to to get to where Phoebe's house is then if you continue up there's a river source surrounding an island you jump to get to with a scenic overlook if you go further.
I have about a quarter of my island devoted to a little beach town area with a few homes and a boardwalk and a beach recreation spot.
And near the nooklings' shop there is an orchard, an outdoor vintage clothes resale and there's going to be a flea market spot.
I also set up space for a garden store should one be released in the game (so hopeful for this) and a butterfly garden to showcase my butterfly models and one of each hybrid.
I can understand the feeling of stagnation, it gets hard to think of ways to use all the things in combination, but honestly I just kinda think hmmm what would I like to do and just get down to it with the tools, start chipping away and see what comes of it.

Back