what did you major in? :3

something about this thread is very encouraging and warm ✨ kudos to everyone for sticking it out and trying their best, exploring what they love

i'm a summa *** laude, highest honors grad like some other folks here, with a b.a. in emerging media and communications. i loved interdisciplinary study and wanted to learn in self guided project courses with a focus on practical skills application for hardware, software and social sciences. it was really delightful to mesh all_the_things.mp3 and i appreciate the range its given me ! 🙌

my advice is always to find a program that offers more than just a major you are interested in - but actual courses that you could see yourself applying information from in the future. unless you plan to stay in academia - your education should serve your external development and future, always !!

I actually haven't gone to college yet, but I've been considering going to the local community college to take some classes in art and/or figure drawing. I think it would do me some good to expand on my skills, and teach me some basics that I'm in pretty desperate need of!
Honestly, I think I'm just too much of a lazy, no-good person to commit to four years of college to get the big six figure job. It's just really not in my nature, but kudos to everyone out here that can pull it off!

I came into uni as a chemical engineer, had a midlife crisis where I switched to Biochemistry momentarily, then I switched to double-majoring in Biochemistry and Chemical Engineering, decided that was gonna kill me if I continued on that track, so now I'm just graduating with a Chemical Engineering degree.

I'm undecided between food science (which is where I'm currently interning) and pharmaceutical for the final field I ultimately want to work in though. xD
hey another engineer! I haven't seen any other engineers on this site so far ^^"

I've majored in Civil & Natural Resources engineering, where natural resources is basically environmental/ecological engineering. It's been a tough road but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm almost there. I've done a lot of ecological and water-based courses, so I'm keen to specialize in either of those fields tbh.

I'm doing a double degree of fashion design and International studies majoring in Japan :D
Post automatically merged:

fashion design
ayyyyeee fellow fashion design kiddo wassup hehe

I haven't used it for a degree or stuff, but film studies. Minor is literature.

Back in 2007, I graduated *** laude with a Bachelor's degree in English. I hoped to proofread or edit, but those fields were/are hard to break into unless you live in a major metro area, and I never have. Instead, I ended up trying to get two different Master's degrees in teaching. Neither of those worked out as planned -- the first was too costly and would have required a Ph.D down the road, and the other didn't work out because I wasn't good at classroom management.

Nonetheless, I did learn some valuable things from my major. Perhaps the biggest thing was learning how to cite sources carefully. In a day and age where so many people share false things, I'm grateful my major taught me to be diligent in evaluating information properly.

I majored in Animal Science and learned how to make tasty meat.

The perfect major for an animal-loving vegetarian. 👏

East Asian Studies (focused on Korean area studies) and Classics

Not the most ..useful in the real world 😅 other than the language studies bit

I got a Bachelor's in Musical Arts. I know that's not too much, but for my purposes it's meant to be a segway to Musicology in grad school.

nursing !! still not sure if my semester will be online or not though lol but i think it’ll be a mix and i’ll get to move in on campus

having some sort of existential crisis and would like to drop my English minor, as to major in political science and minor in Fashion design. Please help.

I'm a senior in college, majoring in piano performance and minoring in history! I'll be graduating with a BA degree this time next year ^o^

I have an AA in Special ED, an AA in Foreign Language (Spanish) and I'm working on a BA in Bilingual Education EC-6, I'm also thinking about getting some IT certifications!

Back