• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What did you do with your basement?

at the moment i haven't done anything with any of the rooms in my house, and i don't have any plans. i would like to make my main player's house like a normal house with normal rooms so maybe the basement will look basement-like with storage or other things like that

70% of players arcade
25% of players bar/cafe
5% of players something unique

Not sure what I want mine to be, maybe I'll remove my bathroom and turn the basement into a spa.

Right now, it’s a normal basement....that somehow I think a serial killer would live in...which wasn't the direction that I was going for...

I'm turning my basement into an arcade/game room...but, it's been slow-going. So far, the only "games" I have that are suitable for a game room...are the electronic dart board, and the two variants of the Switch console. So...that's about all I have down there (and a stereo for some music). I have some pretty cool graffiti wallpaper up, that I think was a Sahara design...and I don't even remember what's on the floor. Yeah...it's basically a huge WIP right now. Arcade/bar is my end goal.

I could help you catalog the arcade machines/stools/billiards/etc, just let me know!

I could help you catalog the arcade machines/stools/billiards/etc, just let me know!

That's awesome. I appreciate it a lot. Will probably just try to find things through normal course of gameplay, though. Might take a lot longer that way...but the hunt is part of the fun. 😬

Private game room!
9df32a56d5.jpg
I love that 90s floor so much!

I don't know what I'd like to do for my basement yet to be honest, but I do have a few ideas, starry magic area, place to put villager pictures or item storage

I made mine into the kitchen, I love the shape of the basement and attic - the extra space allowed me to make a nice kitchen/dining room set up without it feeling too cramped

My basement is cursed :LOL: I put a simple well in the middle, with dollys in a circle around it, lots of candles, skeletons, and a metronome as the only sound effects. Just need Noh mask, elder mask, and mouth of truth and it’ll be complete! :D🖤

I want to see a pic of this.

Right now, it's my town's history. I'm trying to collect portraits of every villager who lives on my island, those who I fail to obtain, I use their posters instead. I put each villager's portrait/poster in order of when they lived on the island. In the middle is just a regal lil' resting area with rattan furniture.

I was thinking about doing the same thing! Great minds think alike!

i think i'm gonna do a combo garage/laundry/storage room. like every midwestern unfinished basement lmao. i have my workshop set up outside my house but it's so big and ugly, i want to be able to properly landscape around my home so my diy setup will be hidden in the basement hehe.

I literally made a basement LOL its actually my favorite room and started off with all the random items I was collecting in the beginning of the game!

EWLYJUIU4AE10sb
EWLYJT-U4AALGoC

My basement is....a basement. Or maybe a garage. Tools, shelves, bikes, a work out corner, big freezer, etc.
I'm actually looking forward to doing the same! Kind of a "visible storage" - the fishing rod rack from the fishing tourney, some iron shelves (and other types of big metal shelves from the Nook's Cranny), maybe a garbage can and some sad, neglected exercise equipment. And a DIY table of one kind or another. It's just a little funny to me to pretend the basement is storage. considering you have hundreds of storage slots at that point.

My ACNL basement was a zodiac themed spa/bathroom, so I may end up going down that route again as things progress. Also thinking about a mushroom forest if we get more of those items (another ACNL basement design).

I don't have the basement yet, but I'm going to make a greenhouse/botanical garden where I can go and relax, probably with the misty-garden wall.

i'm planning on making it into a game room. put a tv, switches, arcade games, pinball, the works. probably put some music stuff in there too and maybe some art stuff, might end up being more of a "me" room than a game room lol

Back