• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What Cell Phone Do You Have?

People with Samsungs, really keep your eye on battery issues and make sure you keep it at 100% as much as possible. Every Samsung phone from the 90's to now has had a battery defunct issue where it goes dead pretty fast after a certain number of charging cycles. My last one could get 10 minutes on a full charge, and the one before that I would watch the battery drain as soon as it was unplugged. Just a heads up.

Last edited:
Sadly, no. I want a simple phone like this though:
img-thing

People with Samsungs, really keep your eye on battery issues and make sure you keep it at 100% as much as possible. Every Samsung phone from the 90's to now has had a battery defunct issue where it goes dead pretty fast after a certain number of charging cycles. My last one could get 10 minutes on a full charge, and the one before that I would watch the battery drain as soon as it was unplugged. Just a heads up.

So I'm not the only one who's had battery issues with their Samsung phone??

I can't remember exactly when it started for me (at least a month or two ago, now), but my phone will die randomly if I'm using the internet on it - even when it has almost a full charge. Really annoying. :mad:

Fortunately, I can get it upgraded for free now. I just.. need to stop being lazy and go get me a new one lol.

I wish I knew this. My last phone was a Samsung and after a while I got really confused as to why my battery was dying so quickly. It usually lasted me like 5 minutes on a full charge and eventually it actually started losing battery when charging.

Isn't that all batteries? Batteries aren't meant to last forever. They don't hold charges well after time. You can just get a new battery, but cell phone batteries are never really bought since people switch phones quickly.

But I did have issues with my phone's charging port that's apparently common. It gets too loose to hold the charger.

Isn't that all batteries? Batteries aren't meant to last forever. They don't hold charges well after time. You can just get a new battery, but cell phone batteries are never really bought since people switch phones quickly.

But I did have issues with my phone's charging port that's apparently common. It gets too loose to hold the charger.

It's a specific issue with Samsung phones. I've had Nokia's and Motorola's last 9 years, yet a Samsung barely 6 months.

It's a specific issue with Samsung phones. I've had Nokia's and Motorola's last 9 years, yet a Samsung barely 6 months.
I've never heard of that issue being specific to Samsung is all. It's pretty much all batteries. But I've never had an issue of only lasting 6 months. My phone battery lasts long enough so I'm good, but the charging port is yet again getting loser and I'm worried it will eventually crap out. I have phone insurance so it's not a big deal but it's annoying.

Just realized sounds like I'm arguing. I totally believe you. Samsung has a long list of issues.

Last edited:
I have an iPhone 4s, it's lasted me over two years now surprisingly considering how many times I've accidentally dropped it on the ground.

Google Nexus 5. :) Love buying the Nexus phones unlocked and using them in the US too. Also, it's crazy cheap compared to your typical flagship smartphone. ($350 vs $600-$700)

i had to replace my iphone 3 for my dad's iphone 4 because i bought my iphone 3 to the pool and it got so wet it died. i'm such a genius. wow

at least i didn't have to pay for the phone and the phone functions good. c:

Last edited:
Google Nexus 5. :) Love buying the Nexus phones unlocked and using them in the US too. Also, it's crazy cheap compared to your typical flagship smartphone. ($350 vs $600-$700)

How is the Nexus? I've heard some good things about it :)

Back