What badges do you have so far? If you had all badges complete, what would you do?

supercataleena

Bells
White Lily
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
My badges right now..

20180329_092745.jpg

I realistically know I have to buy another DS and acnl to finish the other badges, and not only that, but also have an exorbitant amount of time to accomplish it. How do you think you will accomplish getting the badges you desire? Or do you accept there are badges you can not obtain?

If any of you have watched FMA before, you will remember the scene when some old guy asks Ed what he will do after his quest is over? After he no longer has a sense of adventure?

What will you also do once you finish this badge quest! Tell me! (屮゜Д゜)屮

I don't even really go after badges. I don't like seeing badge guy hanging around my town, he's kinda odd. I know I'll never get the streetpass badges because it's so rare to streetpass someone playing NL these days. I feel like maybe once you've completed the museum, have main street finished, and all the badges is that like completing the game?

Just need the gold streetpass badge which will probably never happen. If I were to guess I’d say I’m at around 600 streetsasses for ACNL, and they get harder to come by the older the game gets. Idk why they had to make it 1000.

I will never get the street pass ones as I live in a remote island off the north Coast of Scotland. I took my DS with me on a trip to the mainland last week and still didn't pass anyone so i have given up on that.

I only travel to my other town, my sons town or his girlfriends so I think that badge might be a bit tricky too.

I like Phineas though and enjoy meeting him and getting badges.

My main town and guest towns mayors badges are completed. It took 3 years and another 3DS to complete the streetpass and visit/host badges. To make the dream badge go faster I left as soon as I arrived. Watched TV while doing the dream badge.

After I completed the mayors badges I started working on the extra players badges in each town. With the mayor badges done I still like to change things in my towns/houses.

So far I have the skilled bug catcher,bronze medalist, villager gardener, wealthy bell saver, good shopper, and villager representative badge. Since I have another 3ds i plan on using that to get the streetpass badge

:O i haven't even really thought about the badges.............. something to do! i also saw someone had phineas' picture in their house and i thought it might be from collecting all of the badges but i am not sure! i like phineas

i looooove Phineas, now that i've made collecting badges my mission i've really started to think of him as my friendly scout leader. he looks like someone's dad haha

the worst badges are the "have people visit your town" and "visit other towns" badges. i mean what the hell were the developers thinking?? 500 times??? my lord. if i ever get those i think i'll die of happiness.

also really bad: gold stalk market badge. getting this badge without networking with other players or time travelling is EXTREMELY annoying. if i was a big risk taker i'd just buy 10M bells in turnips and attempt to sell them at a huge profit, just to get it over with lol. gold diving badge is also retty bad because even though diving can be fun, not enough sea creatures show up to make it really engaging, and most of the sea creatures aren't worth anything. so it's really tedious

i dont think nor care about badges... i play how i want and if it gets me a badge, good, if it doesnt, ah well. i do like phineas and seeing him about tho

On my mayor in my main town, I'm just missing the gold catalog and gold streetpass badges :3 I'll eventually get the catalog one, but the streetpass one isn't really in my control. Now that I have almost everything, I earn badges on my other characters, do a ton of landscaping and cycle villagers (I need one more dreamie). I also work on my other town.

i only have three badges so far ;; backyard gardener, happy home bronze and village representative. i want to collect more but i haven't had a lot of time to play recently... im almost done with the fossil part of my museum and im gonna try collecting more bugs now that it's spring. i really like the badges guy though, hes cute lol

Here's a picture with all of the badges I've earned between June 6th 2013 and March 30th 2018. Funny thing is, I haven't earned a single badge involving fishing, as I don't find that activity very engaging.

IMG_E0875_small.jpg

Even though I have everything I need in order to get every single badge and that they aren't much of a struggle to obtain, doing so just isn't worth the astronomical amount of tedium I'd have to endure.

I know that Animal Crossing is low skill-ceiling game, since it's primarily focusing on the more casual gamers. But the problem with the overwhelming majority of badges is that they're solely designed to pad the game's length for completionists, rather than provide interesting challenges and celebrate whatever catalog completion. Getting those involve forcing oneself to mindlessly perform the same thing for hundreds or thousands of times, even though they already filled their catalog.

It doesn't help that I've grown bored of the game long before I could obtain the rest of the badges.

Last edited:
As OCD as I can get with collecting, I never was much of a trophy hunter, which badges basically are. I guess it's that the little icon doesn't mean much to me, and I honestly don't even know where to view my badges lol. If we could display them or something, that would motivate me a little more perhaps.

As OCD as I can get with collecting, I never was much of a trophy hunter, which badges basically are. I guess it's that the little icon doesn't mean much to me, and I honestly don't even know where to view my badges lol. If we could display them or something, that would motivate me a little more perhaps.

To view your badges, tap on the human-looking icon on the bottom screen, then the card tab and finally the large yellow button. From there, you'll see what you've earned.

You can also check their badges when they're at the same place as yours, but this time accessed from the green button on the bottom-left part of the lower screen, and their card. For those who are best friends with you, you hit on the heart tab and then their card.

Back