What are your thoughts on “Item Duplication” Glitches?

Enxssi

we partake in tomfoolery
Bells
Switch
3588-7439-1973
Tasty Cake
Tin Robot
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Green Star Fragment
So, I know this might be old news and there’s probably a better thread to put this on, but what are your thoughts on Duplication glitches?
Personally, I don’t really like them, but I also don’t think they’re straight from the depths of the underworld either. I mean, like, you’re a bellionaire now. You’ve got the biggest house in the town, you’ve paid all your debts, and you have all your dreamies. Does that really matter if you only made it because you got someone to aid you in duplicating a switch?
Of course, people can do whatever they want, but I just think they suck the fun out of it by using duplication glitches.
Sorry if this sounded pretentious, but I just wanted to know other people‘s thoughts on this.

tbh i think it does take the fun out of it and seems like kind of a hassle to do but at the end of the day i'm not gonna tell anyone how to play the game

my friend is constantly glitching tvs to get bells and she got up to 7million last time i asked and it's made her happy so if that's her way of playing i won't stop her ☆

if they're playing solo then they can play however they want. My only issue is with people selling duped items online

tbh, i did a lot of it in new leaf; i likes helping people get the things they wanted while also helping myself out a bit. i’m way too lazy to engage in that kind of stuff anymore lmao but i honestly don’t really care if somebody else does it ;;

Possibly a controversial opinion but I don't see what's so bad about them? Dupe glitches caused the average price for rare items like katanas and lucky cats to significantly drop, which makes it easier for newer players to get a chance at buying these items.
Same with powersaving/duping villagers. The more Raymonds you put into the market the more actual normal people can get a shot at adopting him.
Not really concerned about sucking the fun out of getting rare items or whatever, I'm not about to tell you how to live your life.

Back