• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What Are You Listening To?

Hey everyone! 👋🎲 *takes one sip from my beer glass before the gnarly guitar solo shatters it to pieces* 💥🍺😳 Uhhh... anyway... *unplugs the speaker cord from the wall socket* Gather around, everyone! It's my turn to share a song. 😎 Pull up a chair 🪑 (or a whole bench) and give this one a listen, huh? This one's in French. 🇫🇷 Now, I don't speak French either, but hey... this song speaks to me in a different language. 😮 A language we as human beings who have emotions can understand.... 😌 A language we sometime struggle with, but deep down inside us, we yearn to communicate in it... 🤗 it's a special language and it's a four letter word that starts with "L"... 😊 Latin. 😳 ... Wait, that's not it...🤔 Uhh, a-anyway, this song is in French, but it's still awfully cute if you translate the lyrics, huh? 😉 Songs aren't always about what they sound like, (or its language) it's also about the thoughts they evoke! 💭 So sit back and think some happy thoughts while you listen to this, yeah? I only share songs on this thread that evoke good feelings. 😁 Oh and be a Morbid Angel and bring me another beer, will you? 😇🍺 My Guinness did not meet a Mercyful Fate this Black Sabbath. 😏

Pre-fame John Mellencamp with some good guitar work. This same album from 1978 (which was only released in specific countries and not given a US release until 2005) also contains the hit “I Need a Lover”, which would later be re-released a year later on his self-titled album in the US.

Back