spamurai

Bells
の
つ
ど
森
う
ぶ
I take it we can't actually walk around the map/town like in New Leaf?
I just noticed in the trailer that the car is parked outside of the plot, which I'm guessing means you have to select which house you want to visit and it takes you there?

That kinda sucks ): I'd rather walk to each house and be able to plant trees and flowers in-between houses etc...

We don't know yet, maybe there was a reason why that woman purposely avoided leaving the "main square" even when her co-worker told her to.

It would suck if we couldn't

Nope, you can't. >-< The houses don't even exist on the same map, you just pop in your car to the selected house. :)

Nope, you can't. >-< The houses don't even exist on the same map, you just pop in your car to the selected house. :)

They're not on the same map? Whatttttttt. Thats really poo 0_o
Are you sure?

It would be nice to see other houses behind houses when your at one...

They're not on the same map? Whatttttttt. Thats really poo 0_o
Are you sure?

It would be nice to see other houses behind houses when your at one...

the purpose of the map is to pick the environment that the house is placed in, rather than actually placing the house on the map, as far as I'm aware

the purpose of the map is to pick the environment that the house is placed in, rather than actually placing the house on the map, as far as I'm aware

pretty much this.

from this screenshot we can see a cluster of trees behind the house, so it basically says there will be no walking around town anyway.

tumblr_nq4u47zPPw1s1lku3o2_r1_400.jpg

at first, i was kinda annoyed by this, but think about it. You can design exteriors now, and front yards. If there were houses next to each other it'd look so messy. There's also no fishing/bugging in this game, so there's no point walking around town, and you just use the car to get to each spot on the map, so what's the point in walking there when there's literally nothing to see on the way, because it's a blank space.

pretty much this.

from this screenshot we can see a cluster of trees behind the house, so it basically says there will be no walking around town anyway.

tumblr_nq4u47zPPw1s1lku3o2_r1_400.jpg

at first, i was kinda annoyed by this, but think about it. You can design exteriors now, and front yards. If there were houses next to each other it'd look so messy. There's also no fishing/bugging in this game, so there's no point walking around town, and you just use the car to get to each spot on the map, so what's the point in walking there when there's literally nothing to see on the way, because it's a blank space.

True, but I'd like to of built paths and passage ways of trees and hedge rows between houses and make neighbours and stuff...
And who doesn't just like walking around :O

We could of populated a specific area, then had one animal live in a forest and stuff xD

This makes me sad...

True, but I'd like to of built paths and passage ways of trees and hedge rows between houses and make neighbours and stuff...

We could of populated a specific area, then had one animal live in a forest and stuff xD

This makes me sad...

it's happy home designer not happy town designer tho

We can build more than one house in the same place (environment), the map is a paralle space, that is why we cannot walk around.

That's wrong though. The Treehouse footage showed them picking a place on the map to build that Deer villager's house and it wasn't an environment but an actual place on the map.

This makes me sad...

You probably can do that stuff though. Hell we know you can pick jobs and things for animals so it's entirely possible that we can walk around when we're not designing homes, schools, etc.

Last edited:
It would have to be a pretty big map to house the 100+ villagers. So no obv.

We don't walk around, that's why the car is there. the homes are also set in different... 'universes' for lack of better term, I think.

That's wrong though. The Treehouse footage showed them picking a place on the map to build that Deer villager's house and it wasn't an environment but an actual place on the map.

I think you misunderstood. He means something along the lines of that the map is unique and has environments we've never seen before. So having them blend on a walk around map would be difficult. Idk hard to explain

I think you misunderstood. He means something along the lines of that the map is unique and has environments we've never seen before. So having them blend on a walk around map would be difficult. Idk hard to explain

Pretty sure that's what I said in the first place but I'll expand - the plot of land that the house is on is not connected to any part of the map, the map is a visual representation of the backdrops that you can pick, pretty much a nicer way of cycling through plots. So therefore you are able to build multiple houses on what appears to be the exact same place on the map. You can tell you can't walk around the town by the backgrounds shown outside of villager's houses, as they are just 2d images of trees etc. Instead the car shown next to the happy home building and shown outside the plots you are designing is used to let you fast travel between houses that you have built.

Double post

- - - Post Merge - - -

Its like instance housing in mmo.
Where every villagers house is zone, not link to main town.

So in this game, you just decorate villagers housing and upgrade and decorate housing in main street.

Pure designing.

Last edited:
Are we sure they're in different "universes" (or maps that are the same (parallel maps(dimensions(whatever))))...

Also, I don't think the map is just to "pick the environment" I think you pic a physical location and all the maps may vary like in New Leaf... I can't see everyone having the same maps... surely they'll be randomly generated like previous games?

And then locations will differ... like different shapes rivers etc...?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, more and less island plots...

Are we sure they're in different "universes" (or maps that are the same (parallel maps(dimensions(whatever))))...

Also, I don't think the map is just to "pick the environment" I think you pic a physical location and all the maps may vary like in New Leaf... I can't see everyone having the same maps... surely they'll be randomly generated like previous games?

- - - Post Merge - - -

That very well could be the case, however, due to the immense size of the map (meaning there is a huge number of places to put a house + the fact that you can change the season/weather for a plot) further customization between games seems unnecessary. And since you can't visit other towns/walk through town at all, it seems pointless having a different map.

So I think everyone will have the same map, but it's just a guess so idk

- - - Post Merge - - -

p sure they're not. as murray said, the map is only for choosing the environment, and houses are placed to a fixed terrain. you can't walk around the town, and there no wifi connectivity to visit other people so there's no reason for unique maps

plus, the treehouse video, japanese trailer and official screenshot all show the same map. i doubt it's a coincidence

tumblr_nq2fsapc2b1s1lku3o1_400.png

Last edited:
Back