Villager or Town

• Villagers win out!

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • The town wins out!

Votes: 21 41.2%

• Total voters

Vindoxious

Bells
Your town is finally beginning to flourish. With great care you've set up a path that allows easy access to all key areas to your town and is also pleasing to the eye. With great patience you've watered flower after flower to breed hybrids for the sole purpose of ornamenting your soon-to-be sublime village. With great effort you've coaxed Jambette*, Truffles*, and Katt* out of your burgeoning paradise. Your town is nearly worthy of being publicized popularly. Your Dream Address will soon be passed from person to person, and your creativity will be noted widely by new and old players alive. Your town is nearly complete. Your town is nearly a masterpiece.

And then some neighbor plops their house right on one of your pathways or right in front of your town hall.
And as it turns out, it's not just some neighbor-- it's a neighbor you've been wanting for ages.

What do you do?

I ask this question because I'm kind of torn here. I have neighbors who I've wanted for the longest time just happen to move into my town by chance, but they put their houses in the most inconvenient places imaginable. For the first time in my Animal Crossing gaming history, I want to make my town look amazing, but that's absolutely impossible if I let some of my favorite neighbors stay.

So, in the end, who wins out for you in this little scuffle: the neighbor, or the town?

*** Disclaimer: I mean to offense to anyone who likes Jambette, Truffles, or Katt. If you like them, good for you.

the town. this actually happened to me with renee back when I didnt plot reset, and I replaced her with a villager I loved almost as much, katt*. also, once i start getting bored with my town zucker would prob be one of the first dreamies I swapped out bc his house is on the top part of my town and literally every single other house is on the bottom and it bothers me a little.

so yea town

unless it was wolfgang. then villager wins. lmfao

*I just noticed the main post and my feelings are hurt im suing

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem. Deirdre, when she moved in so many months ago, put her house in front of my Town Hall. And I mean right in front of it. As close as she could physically get to the building's door. And I haven't gotten up the courage to move her because I love her so much. And another one of my favorite villagers, Portia, just popped her house right in front my my campsite on a nice bit of pathway.
Moral of story: my luck is horrible.

But yeah, I'm thinking of moving them both out for the sake of my town. It's just not going to be easy.

And oh no please don't sue me I need my Bells please anything but that.

Villagers win out for me. Granted, I haven't done that much landscaping, but I have had a villager move right into my precious flower bed and in the end I just shrugged and moved the flower bed because they were cute. 8) If I put more effort into my town in terms of paths and hybrids, I would probably choose town, buuutttttt...what good is a town without cutie pie villagers?

So far for me, villagers have own out. Kyle and Freya both have their houses riiight next to mine and it's uncomfortable but I love them too gosh darn much to ever move them, so...

Town always wins you can just get someone to hold your villager and cycle for them then plot reset!

Villager wins for me since I find it a fun added challenge to mold and shape the town around the villagers, which is why I'll never do a plot reset. I've had villagers move in horribly inconvenient spots, some right smack in the middle of pathways I'd spent a great deal of time on, but I found ways to work around it and in the end I ended up loving how it all came together.

For instance Rudy moved in directly on a path that led to a bridge in a cluster of other houses. At first it irritated me but I simply demolished the bridge and moved it a few spots over (into a location that ended up making much more sense anyway) and I had to alter the pathways in a way that resulted in the area looking more like another town square. With four other houses very close by it turned out looking like a small neighborhood and I love it.

If everything was instantly perfect I'd get bored with the game tbh. I much prefer to see how my town evolves naturally.

Last edited:
Lucky for me I learned about plot resetting early enough for the town to always win out. I tried to leave large areas of open space for my villagers to live in, and so far, they've all cooperated to plop down in the neighborhoods & not on my paths.

But in the event that I couldn't reset a landing, the town would probably win out.

I don't really care how my town looks, the villagers are the most important thing, at least for me. I don't have paths in my town, so I don't care where they are moving, as long as they don't destroy flowers or trees, cause that affects to perfect town rating D: Especially when some horrible random move-in or voided villager moves in such place, it really annoys me. Buut I much better have cute villagers that I really want, in bad spots than ugly villagers in good places. For me, villagers are the main thing in this game after all.

I luckily haven't had this problem, because I always plan out who is moving into my town and when. Then I can do the whole reset thing until they put their house in the perfect spot. But if it came down to it, the villager would be my priority. I can always try to modify my town plan to work with wherever the moved :)

I'm going to assume you don't like plot resetting. A lot of people consider resetting to be cheating. So I understand if you're against that. But in that case, then you have to take whatever the game gives you.

I can't imagine how anyone could have their dream/perfect layout without it. So in your case, I'd vote for neighbors. If you're concerned with having a town landscaped the way you want, then you have to do the plot reset and tell the villagers EXACTLY where they are allowed to be. If you don't want to reset, then you just let them do what they want, and enjoy your interactions with them.

Personally, I value both equally. I've made my town pretty much exactly how I want it, but by resetting and trading, etc. I've also gotten my dreamies, but mostly not from random move-ins. They've been mostly through trading on AC forums. Dreamies were harder to obtain, and if I had to choose now, I'd choose them over my town. But since I can have both, I do my best to never have to make that choice.

Town. You should get a full village of all your dreamies before working on your town though.

Had a hard time deciding, but I went with the town... If one of my favorite villagers plopped their house somewhere horrid I'd probably spend too much time trying to decide what to do but ultimately I'd probably try to send them away.

Villagers definitely win in my books. If I like them a lot, and they place their plot down in a bad spot while resetting for a certain personality, I'll let them in that spot regardless.

Same as laineybop mostly. I the villager lands smack bang on top of something or somewhere annoying then i'll generally reset, but if it's a minor inconvenience then i'll work around them! Ultimately the town though.

Ankha put her house 2 blocks in front of mine but I didn't have it in me to make her move out

Back