Villager Reset Trick Question - please help!

icyii

Squirrel fan
Bells
Orange (Fruit)
So Whitney the snooty wolf just moved out and I have 8 villagers. I'm trying the villager reset trick to look for Ankha and Marshal. But I've just realized something - because Whitney was snooty, does this mean I won't have snooty villagers move in? I also don't have any snooty villagers at the moment.

I had Eloise the snooty elephant in my campsite, so I'm not sure if I can get snooty villagers or not.

Also, I haven't gotten a single smug. Might it be because I just had a smug villager move in?

Please help! I would really appreciate it!

I believe your 8th will be a type you are missing; so if you have no snooties you should get them.

Well, I think it the game that decides whether you should get Snooty or Smug, I personally have 8 villagers at the moment and using the reset trick. I am missing uchi, Jock and Smug, at the moment got 4 Uchi... So yeah,..

It seems more likely that random villagers have a personality you're missing. I used the reset trick when Rodney left and all three random new villagers were smug. Same with Genji when Bam moved away.

Thanks for the responses guys!

I read somewhere that if a snooty just moved away you won't be getting a snooty via the reset trick :( I really hope that's not true because I really want Ankha as well!

Good luck to all of us!! :)

Just read Manah's post. Whitney just moved but the only snooty I've gotten so far is Eloise in the campsite :( Most were cranky or lazy which is weird.

Last edited:
Oh actually I've got Quillson now, so I think you would get 50/50 chances of getting Smug or Snooty during your reset

I haven't gotten a single smug :| haha this is weird. driving me nuts! ahhh two crankies - one moving in and one in the campsite. wassup with this, I already have a cranky!

That is weird >~<
Just got Ed, beardo and ugly Smug hamster for now...

Last edited:
i think it's random, unfortunately. :( i needed a smug and uchi when i started & the game gave me three more jocks. while i was pretty happy because i love the personality types, the game doesn't really give you who you're missing.

Back