*vent* I could use a hug

You should burn their villages down, along with all of their villagers. Then you should colonize on their territory, grow your army and conquer. Show no mercy.

Don't worry, it will be hard at first but it makes you feel alive

You should burn their villages down, along with all of their villagers. Then you should colonize on their territory, grow your army and conquer. Show no mercy.

I officially Effen love you

Ahh, hugs to you.

My husband doesn''t understand either, and I've gotten my share of eye rolls. Lol I understand how important your town is to you. It might be just a game to others, but to us it's art. It's art that we put so much time into. We're proud of our towns, and Animal Crossing IS an escape. It's also very relaxing.

My kids are older so I don't have that problem, but when my niece was 6, she would watch me play, and would want to play too. I would let her play for a short time with supervision, but New Leaf is mine.Lol. I refuse to share it. That might seem stingy, but I share everything, and AC is my one thing that's all mine.

Gosh... that sounds like such a difficult situation. It's incredibly hard to explain what one feels to someone who has never felt that way before about something we love. I find it best to not try to explain to people who don't feel like listening or bothering to understand. I did think your analogy was a good one, but if I may make a suggestion that maybe could help your daughter understand? It would be great if she could have her own game and build it up as you have worked so hard to build yours. I feel that if she has to work hard and spend time on it as you have, she would understand a bit better as to why you like to keep your town looking the way it does and why it hurts when people ruin something that you worked hard for. Then instead of saying 'mommy doesn't like this' she could say something like, 'we worked hard for this, stop ruining it.' I think it would also be good for you to have your own copy so that you don't have to feel the need to justify your love for the game or see your hard work be ruined because it would be just yours? I don't think you're an idiot and I hope the people who love you will also come to understand or at least respect the things that make you happy ^^/

Amazing news!!!! So we went to Game stop but the princess (that is what I call my 7yo and not always in the nicest way lol) decided to be in a "mood" and throw shade once we got there!!! She didn't want ANYTHING and when I tried to buy myself a new ACNL so she could keep Cribbet She flipped! I then tried reasoning with her which was pointless am dying all she focused on was Yoshis Wooly world and Poochy amiibo for her ds but she didn't want it either.
Long story short HOURS later after we left she comes crying to me that she DOES want a new ACNL for herself and she felt sooooooo bad about what her cousins did..and she was upset cause she thought her nasty behavior ruined her shot at getting a new one...well after ammunition husband brings out a new ACNL for her that he bought when no one was looking!!!!! She was so excited (as was I lol)...so now she has her own village (which she has asked me to help build! Yay!)

Mostly I wanna thank ALL OF YOU whom responded to my thread. I LOVE you ALL!!!!! I can't tell you enough how grateful I am to have found this Adorable lil community!!! Once I earn enough TBT I will have a sig made my with FC and dream address!! I can only hope you will bless me and my village with your presence!! *.*

An extra cartridge would be an easy solution! They are only around $15 at the store. ( iwaitedlongenoughforittobeanintendoselect). I understand how you feel though about people not going into your town. You should've just told your daughter not to let them in your villager tho :/ CLOSE THE GATES :D

You should've just told your daughter not to let them in your villager tho :/ CLOSE THE GATES :D

We got the extra cartridge last night.
And telling my daughter to not allow her cousin's into the village is easier said then done..

But it all seem A to be ok now thank goodness.

As an adult I would be totally aggravated and would have reacted in the same manner. I put tons of work into my town as well, tons of planning and work to get everything just right, I've had thrashers before and I promptly block them and delete them because I am not about that. I had a "friend" who was a younger person I met on the island and he would show up unwarranted and steal things all the time... it really frustrated me and since he was nice I tried to explain that he can't just do that, I was letting him visit to visit not to take my stuff. He said he promised he wouldn't and he came to visit and I was showing him my house or something and he left before I did (red flag) and he said he had to go so he left, it wasn't until I walked around my town I found out he stole several of my hybrid roses. Deleted him faster than I thought I could! For me it's an escape as well, it's my little anxiety free zone so when stuff happens like that it causes stress in something that otherwise is my peaceful place... I just can't tolerate that.

I'm sorry that happened, and I'm sorry that your husband didn't understand either, I know some of my friends think I'm weird for playing this at my age but I honestly couldn't care less, I love it. I would follow along with what other's are saying and that is to get a second copy, but since you've put so much work into your town I think you should give the new copy to your daughter instead and see if you can fix your current town, but that'd be up to you. (I see now that's exactly what you did good for you!) I personally have 2 copies and occasionally play on my boyfriend's copy too. I hope in any sense that what the boys did can be fixed, I really hope it doesn't happen again, the least they could do is be respectful.

Last edited:
I think the worst part is your husband in this case. He is supposed to support you. Even if he doesn't understand why it's important to you he should respect the fact that it is, and not roll his eyes at you. I don't blame you for one second not wanting the boys destroying your town.

Not an actually practical plan but I really like your style!

Congratulations on the happy ending!! And extra points to your husband for coming through and helping you get this settled so everyone can be happy. Have fun with the mini-town!!

Back