Mafia [UNOFFICIAL] Seven Deadly Sins Mafia

What I'm curious about is why did Cory die? From what I've gathered with the meta around here, he's pretty much in bottom tier. It'd make little to no sense to kill someone like that.

omg I didn't know I had a wife or maybe I wouldn't have baited myself
soz wifey

anyways gl townnnnn

- - - Post Merge - - -

and where's my death pm also is there obs

What I'm curious about is why did Cory die? From what I've gathered with the meta around here, he's pretty much in bottom tier. It'd make little to no sense to kill someone like that.

That's what im getting at. Cory seems like a random kill. I would've thought some other player higher up would've died??

I don't get why there were so few deaths. I seriously though it would be a bloodbath. Role blockers?

i say we lynch dad :lemon:

ill explain why if i get permission from my source later ~o~

The kills weren't anywhere near strategic. Cory and Karen and the ones i was least expecting to die.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*are

No, the reason it wasn't a blood bath is because people might be waiting and testing the waters

no endless is bottom tier :lemon:

idk. its yolo. keep in mind he was probably exchanging pms w/ someone

Cory likely died because one of the sins didn't like playing with them, durr.

Karen probably got targeted by 3-4 night kill actions, judging from the lack of night kills. I'd say GJ Karen on this one.

SarasKat why'd you profess interest in the Cory kill like that? From the rest of your play you seem to be competent and the answer was reasonably simple.

If someone is saved by a doctor-esque role will they be informed that they were saved?

@Dad Your response to my pm is glorious. Thoroughly null, but glorious. Most peeps didn't respond to my pms, so I'm likely to spend more time thrashing about in thread.

Oh yeah, and Beardo is town. I'm going to see if anyone can figure out why; discuss.

Pillow also feels like town if you juxtapose their play this game with their previous two games. I reserve my right to withdraw this after they post more. :lemon:

why didnt you pm me you hurt my feelings how could you betray me like this

The kills weren't anywhere near strategic. Cory and Karen and the ones i was least expecting to die.

Well, the question there is how did they die? It might not be as clear cut as it first seems. It looks like it could be one of the following options:

CoryKaren
Scenario 1X killed CoryCory killed Karen
Scenario 2X was targetted by Lust,
X used an action on Cory

Cory
killed Karen
Scenario 3X was targetted by Lust,
X used an action on Cory,
Cory failed to kill anyone

Y killed Karen
Scenario 4X killed CoryY killed Karen
, this killing Cory [/td][/td]
X/Y can be town players; or they could be Greed or Wrath.

I feel like the most likely solution, of course, are Scenarios 1 or 2 in that Cory killed Karen - but we shouldn't just 100% believe that and we should also consider the possibility that it was just coincidence. Her role PM states she could've been killed by gun, meaning a town-sided PR role could've killed her. It's something to keep in mind as the game progresses so that we don't let belief in misinformation early on cloud our judgement. It's too easy to see them both die the same night and assume their deaths must be linked.

Also, if someone else killed Cory rather than Lust interfering - who was it and what was their motive? It could've been a town PR or it could have been done with malicious intent - either by Greed or Wrath, if I'm thinking correctly. That's hard to figure out right now but may become clearer to us later in the game.

Karen probably got targeted by 3-4 night kill actions, judging from the lack of night kills. I'd say GJ Karen on this one.

If Cory killed Karen then this can't be true, unless whoever else might have targeted Karen was also protected. Karen's role PM states that anyone who targetted her still would have died in addition to herself if targeted by Cory. If anything, it made Cory's ability more effective as unbeknownst to him it meant he had two guaranteed kills (Karen and Crazy-Gamer) in addition to his regular ability of being able to kill anyone who visited the player he targeted.

However, your theory could be true if Karen was not killed Cory.

Honestly, I actually think Karen made too risky a move and it didn't pay off. She had a defensive role against the Sins yet got herself needlessly killed. In advertising herself as a target I think she effectively deterred the Sins. I PM'd her yesterday saying that if she's action-immune she made it far too obvious, and if the Sins got the same impression I did then they wouldn't have wasted an action on her. Given that they didn't die, clearly they were wiser than to take to such obvious bait because otherwise they would be dead like her. All that has been done is Karen got herself killed and took Crazy-Gamer down with her. Crazy-Gamer is usually inactive, so that's not a huge loss in terms of player ability (sorry, but I've gotta be honest, after all you were modkilled or replaced in several of my games) but it does take a hit at our numbers.

As I said above, there is also a possibility that a town-sided PR may have killed Karen: they may have seen it as a bluff to deter attacks (as was my second guess if she wasn't action-immune) and chose to take her down based on that. Greed and Wrath may also have seen this as a bluff and targeted her but this can only be true if Cory didn't kill Karen. I guess one thing we've got to question here is if we think Cory would either fall for such obvious bait or if he would risk calling her bluff on Night 1 of the game.

Just to convolute things even more, there is also the possibility Crazy-Gamer absorbed one or more shots in addition to dying because of Karen. Cory may also have also taken one or more hits if Lust didn't contribute to his death.

i say we lynch dad :lemon:

ill explain why if i get permission from my source later ~o~

We're going to need a little more to go on than this.

Endless, is there an explanation of your Truffle vote?

Pm me please everyone

Endless, is there an explanation of your Truffle vote?
Incredibly weak first post copying the vein of the posts before that and day 1 entrance that a role blocked killing role would make. (Which is relevant due to the small number of deaths)

@Tina Nice catch, the likelihood is then that Cory or Crazy absorbed the extra non-roleblocked non-docced kills, if any did exist.

In theory someone might have not wanted to kill anyone they'd played with and therefore direct their kill at Crazy, but I'm not even convincing myself with that, I'm pretty sure the reality of stacked kills on Cory is also dubious, so we need to examine the roleblocked targets when they become known later.

Incredibly weak first post copying the vein of the posts before that and day 1 entrance that a role blocked killing role would make. (Which is relevant due to the small number of deaths)

@Tina Nice catch, the likelihood is then that Cory or Crazy absorbed the extra non-roleblocked non-docced kills, if any did exist.

In theory someone might have not wanted to kill anyone they'd played with and therefore direct their kill at Crazy, but I'm not even convincing myself with that, I'm pretty sure the reality of stacked kills on Cory is also dubious, so we need to examine the roleblocked targets when they become known later.

It's very possible you're an SK literally posting to help out town just because you know if all the other SKs are dead it'll be easier for you

It's very possible you're an SK literally posting to help out town just because you know if all the other SKs are dead it'll be easier for you
That's very possible, and if I were an SK that's exactly what I'd do.

However, Town!me would also play in exactly the same manner. Your point? :lemon:

Back