Tree item glitch

Kungfupanda

Bells
Has anyone else experienced a glitch when collecting items (be it hidden furniture, bells or fruit) from trees when they are near a path? I've had several item just disappear under my paths. Very annoying :(

This has always happened in Animal Crossing games I think. If there is a tree surrounded by patterns the items will disappear, however if there is space behind the tree or near the pattern they can bounce into the space.

Yes, this isn't a glitch but a seemingly deliberate thing. The same happens if you shake fruit off a tree or shoot a present down from a balloon - if it lands on a laid pattern and can't go elsewhere, it disappears.

I don't care much if it happens to the balloon, since I'm just waiting for the gold slingshot to appear. But it is a hindrance when I have to remove a section or two of the path to pick up my perfect fruit from trees. Guess its time to build an orchard away from my house

I popped a balloon with my net the other day by the cliff at the beach (didn't have my slingshot on me at the time) and the item fell into the water. Booo!

But yes, I've lost a few bits of fruit when they've landed on the path and there hasn't been space for them to bounce anywhere else.

I have to remove several chunks of my path when searching for the money rock, lol. I wish things could just land on the path.

If bugs are allowed to hop around on the paths then the present/bells/&furniture should be allowed to land on the paths too

If bugs are allowed to hop around on the paths then the present/bells/&furniture should be allowed to land on the paths too

They don't work the same.

Objects take up a tile space; bugs don't. Bugs are free-roaming just like you or your villagers and don't need to occupy a tile. Items need to occupy a tile and if there isn't one close enough they vanish.

i had this happen for the first time when collecting bells from my money tree.. cost me 20,000 so not too happy i found out this way

Back