Tips on getting a 3-star island faster?

moonbxwy

That one demigirl that is a fan of Unova.
Bells
Switch
6110-0337-1541
Timmy Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
User Title Color Change (Seashells)
So, i started playing AC this month. I got the "mission" to make my island get 3-stars, and i really want to unlock K.K. and the Terraforming.

But i did anything i could do: i have 10 villagers in my island, i have lots of trees and all the 5 types of fruit trees, i have lots of flowers (i think i have all the kinds but not tulips), i put a lot of furniture outside and fencing in my island but i'm still stuck in 2-stars. What should i do next?!

Maybe you should ask Isabelle what is wrong with your island in her opinion. Then basing on her tips, maybe try to implement it?

Maybe you should ask Isabelle what is wrong with your island in her opinion. Then basing on her tips, maybe try to implement it?
She is asking for more flowers.

I one time saw a list on internet that you should get all the types of flowers in your island?? Maybe is this?

I didn't get windflowers until just recently, (My island is 4 stars i believe) so it's not that. For me, I added a lot of trees and furniture outside. I don't even have too many flowers.

I just planted trees, placed 8 plots of land for the villagers' houses, put up random furniture around the island, and planted flowers. That did the trick for me. Of course it's weird because my friend's fiance had to move in 10 villagers.

Flowers, hundreds and hundreds of flowers! My island is literally covered in flowers and that's what helped me get 3 stars and eventually 5 stars
Post automatically merged:

Also you get points for each bridge and incline, so you could try adding more of those

Have 8+ villagers in town
Have total of 4 bridges or inclines (e.g 3 bridges 1 incline)
Have 50 fences
Have 50 flowers
Have about a Dozen unique DIY furniture out (tables and chairs are good)
Have Abel Sisters built
Add a few trees more on top of what you started with.

When this checklist is complete, you'll have instant 3 star

Have 8+ villagers in town
Have 50 fences
Have 50 flowers
Have about a Dozen unique DIY furniture out (tables and chairs are good)
Have Abel Sisters built
Add a few trees more on top of what you started with.

When this checklist is complete, you'll have instant 3 star
I have 4 bridges and 2 inclines. I need to have only 4 of them? Like, 2 bridges and 2 inclines?

weeirdd. i got mine to 3 stars very easily compared to what you're saying..
i guess..... plant more flowers, and water them? i didn't have to plant many myself, maybe 30-40?
build some bridges and inclines..
put out more decorations....

idk what else to say.... getting 3 stars is pretty simple, idk what's wrong with yours :( what does isabelle say?
also, are you the rep.?

I don’t think that this one is absolutely required, since with my main island I managed to get 3 stars with only one bridge and zero inclines (I wanted my town to be as natural-looking as possible outside of my starting area). I did manage to put down a boatload of flowers and obtained my ten villagers before checking for three stars, so that might be a factor. It’s also a good idea to put down bridges and inclines anyways if you aren’t going with a feral island.

Not even kidding, just plant a bunch of flowers (as well as an average amount of trees), have a bunch of furniture items out displayed, and have a decent amount of fencing as well. As long as there aren't a ton of weeds around, that should be an instant 3 star. This is also assuming that you have 8 villagers, which I think is required.

On my old islands that I had, I organized all the trees I started with into at least two to three rows so I had extra room to plant flowers and put down furniture. I had like 160 flowers and after doing what I mention above, I got three star rating like on the first day it was to be done. If Isabelle is saying you need more flowers, plant some more. It doesn't matter what kind of flower you have, you gotta have at least 120+ flowers on your island at least.

the algorithm for calculating star rating is split between scenery points and development points. scenery points are granted by trees, shrubs, and flowers; development points are granted for buildings (not villager/resident houses), inclines, bridges, furniture, and fencing. you need 270 to 349 scenery points and 160 to 399 development points for three stars. trees, shrubs, and fully grown flowers are worth one point each, so get to plantin'

On mine, I made sure to remove all the weeds. I mostly focused on the main section of the island that we started on and started piling Nook Miles Furniture down, along with some fences, flowers. Didn't do much work outside of that section, and didn't go to remove extra trees/ flowers. Isabelle's advice also really helps.

Back