• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Time Traveled all the way to November! x: Whoops.

Casual

Bells
So, there I was... a few days ago. And I got sick of it being the same day, and ol' Nookie was out of things I needed to buy. Needless to say, I time traveled. Note that we are in September in the real world. So I used the DS Clock rather than the AC:WW Clock so I wouldn't get any glitches. I would go through a week or so in just one day.
The next day (in the real world...) I accidentally switched the month to November. Uh... oops. I didn't realize until my flowers were gone, I had weeds, and none of my neighbors remembered me.
I've heard from FAQs and such that if you time travel forwards, you get weeds, dead flowers, neighbors forgetting you, etc. But if you time travel backwards, nothing happens. Or so I've heard.
I've also heard that it is the equivalent of "playing for weeks and weeks without stopping and then turning off without saving, except without Resetti."
So, I'm confused. To TT or not to TT?
TL;DR: If I time travel backwards about a month, will it damage my game in any way? Even past days I have already experienced?
Thanks for the help.

Time Traveling Backwards really yields no results. Your plants won't grow back, you won't lose any weeds, etc. The only thing people really use backwards TTing for is to catch up on missed events.

I think (but i'm not sure) that if there's any events that you've done previously, they will still be done for that day.

for example, you can't repeat a day for KK slider, if i remember correctly. if you have already gotten a song for him one week, and time travel back to that week, you won't be able to get another song.

but, i might have been doing it wrong.

I think it more or less has the same risks of time travelling forwards. shouldn't crash your game, just makes all your weeds and stuff come back, like time travelling forwards would do.

Back