This is confusing

Jessi2404

Bells
Okay guys, I have Dora stuck on main street. She has been there for 3 months. She wont leave and acts like she has a house in town. Is she due to move in when someone moves out?

Dora.jpg

Every villager you had in one point will appear in mainsteeet
Because they are saved in the memory of the game
And will disappear once you cycle 16 animals
But then other animal will appear

It's not confusing

Your old/moved out villagers will still roam around main street. They're not necessarily in your town anymore, but they will show up there and you can still talk to them. It happens to all the villagers that you move out.

She has never lived in my town I have only had 3 move out and she wasn't one. Bennidict, rod and claus were the only ones to move out and none of them are on main street.

Did you took a break from the game?
There was one time I took a hiatus but when I go back
Tutu was in my main street and I never remember that bear living on my town
And then I checked the tree and tutu actually move to my town
And moved out
Without me never knowing both stuff
Maybe that happened

Just to make sure I'm understanding this right... Dora has never lived in your town, and as a result, has never moved out of your town. Yet, she's always on Main Street, and acts like she has lived or lives in your town?

Exactly Serene. I haven't taken a break from the game i just got it for my birthday from my husband this Jan. So thats not possible either. The only mouse i've had was Rod.

- - - Post Merge - - -

She's in shops and walking around all day and at night shes in the club or the museum.

Dude, the same thing just happened to me and I couldn't figure out how the villager got there either.

Could be a bug in coding tbh. Especially since this has happened to apparently a lot of people, after a quick Google search. She isn't bothering anybody being in Main Street and hey, free visitor of sorts lol.

I know for certain it was rod, he is purple while dora is white. I didn't know so many people had this issue. Its just driving me insane because shes there and saying she lives in my town, its going to get really confusing if another dora tries to move in. Haha if thats even possible, but hey she's on main street for no reason so whooo knows. Plus rod has a ship like inside to his house and is for sure a boy mouse, i think i'd know the difference.

Probably a glitch. I've only had my old visitors that have moved out visit my Main Street. Good luck getting it out. ;)

Could be a bug in coding tbh. Especially since this has happened to apparently a lot of people, after a quick Google search. She isn't bothering anybody being in Main Street and hey, free visitor of sorts lol.

It bothered me because I wanted the villager there and couldn't get her :(

Maybe after a villager moves out she'll be bumped out of your Main Street. If you don't like her then hopefully she doesn't move in your town. It's weird though because the same thing happened with my friend.

This is weird.
I remember Mr. Cat's topic on it happening.

It must be something with the coding.
Maybe one of the villagers that had moved out is suppose to be there but somehow she's there instead.
I'm sure there's some kind of villager ID code, so it's possible some of the villager ID codes are messed up and that's why she's there instead of someone else?
That's the only thing I can think of that would cause this to happen.​

Thank you all for your replies, at first I thought she was taking an actual space in town but as of right now I do have 10. I'm trying to get peck to move out now and probably axle so we shall see if she leaves or stays after. When molly moved in that's when she showed up and has been stuck since and I have no interest in her at all. I actually got Molly from my sister in laws town and she also had dora... Wonder if that has something to do with it.

Thank you all for your replies, at first I thought she was taking an actual space in town but as of right now I do have 10. I'm trying to get peck to move out now and probably axle so we shall see if she leaves or stays after. When molly moved in that's when she showed up and has been stuck since and I have no interest in her at all. I actually got Molly from my sister in laws town and she also had dora... Wonder if that has something to do with it.

That sounds very plausible.
I had a friend visit my town recently who had Lily, and somehow Lily then moved into my town, even though Lily still lived in her town.
It's very strange.
That one could have just been a coincidence, since she didn't say she came from my friends town, but she shouldn't have moved in.
I had nine villagers at the time and the tenth can only move in if you ask them to, I -believe-.
Seems like there's a lot of weird coding/glitches for New Leaf.​

It bothered me because I wanted the villager there and couldn't get her :(

Hmm, so that means the game registers them as a move out. I wonder how this happens. Does it happen in between move outs, since the villager shows up in the roster of move outs? (How many ppl have to leave before a villager shows up in Main Street?) this may give a clue as to how / when the glitch happens. Are these villagers in friends towns or strangers towns and getting ready to move or something?

I've had the issue where Grizzly was set to move and He had moved to my extra town but also was still around in my main town but packed up, it also happened with Gruff once too. Really weird.

So, I do have a chance to test this as I just reset.
In my old town, it took 3 villagers to move out from starting before anyone showed up on my Main Street. Currently, I have only had Gala and Hugh move out, and neither have visited my Main Street. I'm also curious to see how many move-outs it takes before they legitamately don't show up any longer, and if I can get that glitch to happen too, I really want to document that.
It's a really bizarre issue, but it doesn't seem to have any ill effects, right?

So, I do have a chance to test this as I just reset.
In my old town, it took 3 villagers to move out from starting before anyone showed up on my Main Street. Currently, I have only had Gala and Hugh move out, and neither have visited my Main Street. I'm also curious to see how many move-outs it takes before they legitamately don't show up any longer, and if I can get that glitch to happen too, I really want to document that.
It's a really bizarre issue, but it doesn't seem to have any ill effects, right?

As far as I am aware, there are no ill effects.
It's just a weird glitch that seems to happen to some people.
I'm curious to see your results, though.​

Back