Things that I’ve learned so far about diving/update

So I've made quite a few discoveries with this update so far.
-You don't have to constantly mash the A button to swim. You actually can simply just hold it to swim.
-Pascal doesn't always show up when you catch a scallop but when he does it's usually after one catch. (Still working on if time time matters)
-Don't swim away when Pascal leaves. In fact follow after him. You'll see his adorable otter self swim on the other side of the netting! 🥺
-The reason why we have a net is to represent the map boundary we have on all four sides of our island. Nintendo this on purpose so they didn't have to worry about trying to extend the map for ocean.
-We have more things to catch in New Horizons than New Leaf.
-We have more ocean to explore than we ever did in New Leaf.
-In order to do a flip into the water you must hold the B button then push the A button as you run off the rocks of your beach.

Another cool discovery to note is you can sneak up on fast sea critters, kind of like how you sneak up on bugs. If you swim a towards or after a critter without holding A, they’ll slow down or stop moving. Wait until you’re on top of them, then dive for a quick catch!

As a fun note, you can also somersault off the pier! :D

-Don't swim away when Pascal leaves. In fact follow after him. You'll see his adorable otter self swim on the other side of the netting! 🥺
Ohmygosh, watching him break the scallop open to eat it is PRECIOUS 😍

Another cool discovery to note is you can sneak up on fast sea critters, kind of like how you sneak up on bugs. If you swim a towards or after a critter without holding A, they’ll slow down or stop moving. Wait until you’re on top of them, then dive for a quick catch!
YES. The other night I chased a Gigas Giant Clam until I nearly lost my mind, but I saw this trick, and it WORKED to catch the second clam REALLY quickly and easily! Seriously, those things are awful to try and catch otherwise 😣

And I'm definitely gonna try to do a flip now that I know how 😲

I tried for a long time to do a back flip off my rocks but couldn't do it. I finally was abke to do one off my airport dock. I needed the long running path to do it. I may have to many items on my rocks or I am just not very good at it...lol

I STILL have yet to figure out how to back flip. :(
I tried for a long time to do a back flip off my rocks but couldn't do it. I finally was abke to do one off my airport dock. I needed the long running path to do it. I may have to many items on my rocks or I am just not very good at it...lol
I've been successful at doing the flips more often than not! (since I posted this)
What I do is I run from a distance while holding down (B) and before I get the edge I'll press (A) while still holding down (B) and this should trigger a flip!

Weird my thread was merged to this one-
Post automatically merged:

I've been successful at doing the flips more often than not! (since I posted this)
What I do is I run from a distance while holding down (B) and before I get the edge I'll press (A) while still holding down (B) and this should trigger a flip!
are there two kinds of flips?

Ooh if sneaking up on them actually works, that would be a game changer. I've just been backing them into a corner, and then nabbing them when they turn around.

Has it been confirmed that Pascal won't give duplicate recipes until you've got them all?

Back