• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Themed Town: Should I Reset For It?

Fourleaf Clover

Bells
Winter Mittens
I haven't exactly got very far with my town - Fourleaf. But I like it. Problem is, I'd like a themed town. And I have the theme all planned out as well :s

HUNGER GAMES THEME TOWN (NO NAME AS OF YET)
Human Residents
- Katniss (Mayor)
- Peeta
- Gale
- Haymitch

Katniss' house would be homey and warm, with a living room, bedroom, clothes room (for when she becomes a designer with the help of Cinna in Catching Fire), kitchen and hunting room with her hunting gear which is themed that's like the Meadow in District 12.
Peeta's house will be cosy, but with more expensive furniture. It will be arty and fun, apart from the kitchen, which will be full with food and cooking resources.
Gale's house will be centred around family and nature, with lots of plants and a few odd bits of furniture. His house will use a lot of things found around town such as fruit baskets, shells and flowers.
Haymitch's house will use the sloppy set, as well as other mismatched furniture. It will have trash and clothes lying around too!

The actual town will be centred around District 12, with a forest/orchard on one side and the village on the other. I'm hoping I'll be able to achieve this by creating PWPs in the forest (such as hammocks, log benches) so that villagers can only move into the 'town' area. However, if a villager was to move into the forest area, I could always use the house as the hut that Bonnie and her mum (I think) stay in, in MockingJay.

So, should I reset?

Does your town prevent you from doing all of that? Or do you just want to start fresh and change the town name also?

Sounds like a really cool idea! c:

I want to change the town name as well. Fourleaf doesn't exactly suit a HG-themed town :/ I'd LOVE to call it District 12 but it breaks the character limit, so I don't know what to call it. I'm thinking just Dist. 12?

If you're willing to invest some time, you can control your villager house's placement :)

To be honest I think you would get bored with the themed town quickly. But nevertheless, follow your heart and make it your own!

Oh ok. Maybe you could just name it Panem? It's kinda more common, but it would fit!

If you're willing to invest some time, you can control your villager house's placement :)

To control where a villager moves, you have to make a new character, right?

So I'd have to hold off making my 4th char. until I'd got everyone where I wanted them?

That's a really cool idea, you should go for it. But if District 12 doesn't fit Dist. 12 might work. What are you going to do after you finished your theme?

I'm thinking of getting a digital copy but I'd have to wait a long time before I can buy one :L Which is why I'd like to start the themed town now, and then get a digital copy to make a 'normal' town on. Panem is actually a good idea :)

have you considered buying a second copy? i have two towns right now (well one is just temporary haha) but ive heard having multiple games can be really fun, and that way you can have both a personal town and a themed town!

To control where a villager moves, you have to make a new character, right?

So I'd have to hold off making my 4th char. until I'd got everyone where I wanted them?

Yes.
You can hold off until the 10th villager moved in. Then start the 4th character.
At least it'll help you to focus more on the first 3rd :p

I think I'm going to start making my town :3 It'll take a while to get a town map I like, and will suit the theme, I guess.

Back