The Town Name Idea Thread

mines hyrule.. at first i thought it was pretty creative to make it after LoZ, but then after awhile i had it i noticed like 8 other people on this forum named their town hyrule also lol.

I named mine Faraway , because I like how generic it sounded. Thought it would make me feel less likely to reset.

My old town was Windsor.

But I just reset. And I called it Willow. Now I just need a town flag that has a willow tree on it..

Mine is named Chicago just cos of CM Punk, and also cos the flag can be the Chicago flag but I also like; Astor, Asgard, Londo, Blighty and Madone, mostly Dark Souls references haha.

I think I'm going to reset (again...), and I might call my town Sorua, but I'm not sure if I really like that name anymore, although I can't seem to settle on any other name so I may just have to stick with it.

I called mine Hollow. I don't know why. Like... a hollow in the woods I guess? It had a narrow escape because I nearly called it Newtown initially. I'm not good at names. :(

My town name is Nero. I got the base for it from Robert De Niro. I changed the 'i' to an 'e' because I thought it looked better, and that way their won't be any pronunciation flaws. Niro could be perceived as 'Knee-roe' when I really pronounce it 'Neer-o'. So replacing the I with an E just makes it smoother. I love it, it's so unique and personal. ♥

I recommend to those in search of a town name, to take the last name of a favorite celebrity and switch up the vowels. Examples:
Jim Carrey to Carri.
Will Ferrell to Farrel.
Tina Fey to Faye.
Rihanna to Rihan or Rana.
Brad Pitt to Pite.
Katy Perry to Perry. (You don't even have to change that one, it's so cute as it is for a town name!)

See what I mean? Try it out with your favorites and see the cool results~!♥

Last edited:
My town name is Mordor because of first-thought syndrome. I honestly regret it.

If I get my Turnips unloaded, I'm totally resetting and renaming to something Final Fantasy related. I'm really liking Galbadia (if it fits) or Bran Bal.

If I were to get a new town I would name it West Egg after The Great Gatby and name the mayor Gatsby!
My current town is called ?ster?ng after where I live, which is nice enough.

My town name is Mordor because of first-thought syndrome. I honestly regret it.

If I get my Turnips unloaded, I'm totally resetting and renaming to something Final Fantasy related. I'm really liking Galbadia (if it fits) or Bran Bal.

Luckily Galbadia will fit, as will Bran Bal. Those are some great choices there. :)

Thanks! Definitely gonna go with Galbadia now. Can't wait to start the reset process!
I still can't find a decent Turnip price though. ;-;

I wanted to name mine Bayport. But Oldale is pretty swell too :3

Back