The secret to the scenery points that flowers give you towards your island!

Island/Town Name
Rosewater
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Apple
Native Flower
Roses

Asumeira

Bells
Yellow Lily
Everyone who plays animal crossing new horizons knows that every island has a native flower. these are usually:
roses, tulips, pansies, cosmos, lilies, windflowers, mums, and hyacinths.(or HIYAAAAA!-cinths) then we have the added benefit of planting bushes of that can bloom even more rare flowers!

but what if i told you that these native flowers all have their own specific points that they contribute to your island's eval?
i know, i know. just about everyone who has played knows this and how to get a higher star rating for their island. Yet there are still many secrets to this. let me share them with you!

if you have an island that's native flower for instance is roses( like mine is) you may think that filling the entire island with trees and all the roses you can possibly plant would help and boost your island's star rating! sadly, this is only partially true! i know because i have done just that! i planted all the fruits known to animal crossing and i have plant HUNDREDS OF DANG ROSES in every nook and cranny that i can! (pun intended) but yet with all that and the decorations i have placed on my island you'd think I've made it to five stars by now!? NO! I DID NOT! i only made it to three stars and was stuck there for half a year. i tested this theory 3 separate times planting all the flowers together and apart that listed in this post! once with roses, once with tulips, and another with cosmos. i have restarted the game 3 times to prove that each flower only gives a certain amount of points toward your island's rating.

the research I've conducted shows that planting the native flower of your island gives you the least of points! Which i am pretty sure we all know this!
i would say it may give you somewhere between 5-10 points, my guess is. but planting a flower NOT native to your island can give greater results! so my current island: Rosewater, grew roses. But after digging up almost every last rose i decided to plant something not normally grown on my island. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE lilies. i believe they are the most beautiful flower in animal crossing and irl (my opinion).

when i decided to plant them on my island, at first i scattered them. i did the old: plant one here, and one over here, and one over there. i spaced them throughout my whole island so to speak. i also added a little more fences to my island. and after doing that for 3 whole days when i logged in on the fourth day low and behold there was on a cliff the legendary lily-of-the-valley flower. instantly.....i lost my mind in excitement! then i checked my island's rating and at long last it was five stars! i then showed it off to my husband who also plays ACNH. (he got jelly and told me to help him with his island!):ROFLMAO:

the thing i didn't understand was that i hardly had any flowers on my island besides the lilies i planted, which couldn't have been anymore than maybe 35 in total on top of all the decorations I had already placed weeks and months ago. this was the test that fully confirmed that each flower's points are different. i can't say an exact number of points they give. then i conducted a separate test on my husband's island which then baffled me!

This was test number 4. My husband planted roses(that he took from my island) all throughout his island. Yet instead of getting him to atleast four stars since his island already grew cosmos, it got him to three stars? crazy right? you plant a different flower amongst flowers that already grow on your island, shouldn't it boost it more than that? this had me do more testing until i realized where each flower ranks and just how many points they contribute to your island. now after all my rambling here is the results of the flowers that give more of a scenery boost than others!:

these rankings are of my own trial and error. if you wish to find out more or test this theory yourself, go right on ahead. it would be amazing to get more info and feedback on this matter especially in terms of points! :D(y):)

lily-of-the-valley: 50-60 points
LILIES: 39-45 points (i know i said i loved lilies but it just so happens to be one of the first ones that gets you to a 5 star rating faster!)
HIYAAAAA-cinths = 32-39 points
windflowers = 26-31 points
mums = 18-25 points
pansies = 13-17 points
cosmos = 9-14 points
tulips = 8-10 points
roses = 5-7 points

i did not include the rankings for the rarer hybrids of each flower. i am only going based off their original colors they come in. not the hybrid colors.
give me some cred people! i tried! lol! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back