The Resetting Thread

I'm thinking of resetting my town today possibly, my current town name of Mossbay just sounds silly and I don't play it regularly enough so everytime I go on it I have different villagers to previous visits, gah ACNL WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME! I don't know what to do, also the layout is frustrating me

That sounds like a tough one.
I've been in that situation before.
I've always reset and somewhat regretted it later.
Maybe you could write out a pros / cons list for yourself.

Or just buy another copy of the game when you can. Start fresh with that. But still keep your other town. ;;
That sounds like a lovely idea!

Cons:

- Pick a different theme!
- Possibly pick a better town layout
- Get more play time out of the game
- ACTUALLY KEEP TRACK OF THE ITEMS THAT I GET
- My Marshal can be saved my irl bestie can take good care of him while I'm setting up
- I can change the name of the town
- Same thing applies to the mayor name
- I can actually attempt to get the Weed medals because I don't like going to other towns for that (I have some weird issue, I don't want to get rekt in case if something goes sour)
- Can experiment with new dreamies
- Can attempt to make my own QR path since I successfully made a brick path after busting my chops for like an hour.

The middle ground:

- Going back to June 9th, 2013 (day I got my original copy) and TT slowly to the present day
- Doing a Tumblr about the town?

Cons:

- Getting the artwork is going to be a nightmare
- PWPs
- Dreamies
- Getting all of the items from the catalog again (minor for the re-orderables)

I'd buy another copy but budget is going to be rather tight for quite some time. Thank you, economy. ._.

Hmmm...

I want to reset my town because I tted last month(multiple times) and I unlocked too many things fast, I don't really like where the plaza, town hall, and re-tail is, the waterfall is at the side, there's rocks where i want to put bridges/pwps, I don't like where my 2nd character is, and the river divides weird. :/ But I don't want to reset my town because, I have good villagers(including my dream villagers), I have a lot of precious items, and plenty of hybrids.

I'm honestly thinking of resetting my town, but after working so hard on it i'm not sure if I should. The reason why I want to reset is because i'm really unhappy with the police station I chose. I chose the classic police station, only to realise I really wish I had the modern one because it fits my theme better. It's very close to the town hall too (which i'm planning to make into a modern town hall) so it feels very out of place. The layout of town isn't an issue at all and I rather like it, but it's just the police station that is really bothering me since I have to walk past it. It's just i've finally began to create a town i'm happy with name and all but the police station is bothering me. Is it worth resetting over the police station?

Last edited:
I'm honestly thinking of resetting my town, but after working so hard on it i'm not sure if I should. The reason why I want to reset is because i'm really unhappy with the police station I chose. I chose the classic police station, only to realise I really wish I had the modern one because it fits my theme better. It's very close to the town hall too (which i'm planning to make into a modern town hall) so it feels very out of place. The layout of town isn't an issue at all and I rather like it, but it's just the police station that is really bothering me since I have to walk past it. It's just i've finally began to create a town i'm happy with name and all but the police station is bothering me. Is it worth resetting over the police station?
If it's only the police station that's giving you a problem, I really don't recommend resetting because of it. You can (maybe) adjust your town's theme to try and get the police station to blend in a bit better, so it doesn't feel like it's completely standing out in a negative way. I ain't worth resetting for 1 little mess-up.

Update on my scenario: Gonna reset soon. I'm gonna sell the remaining of my items, leave Marshal with my bestie for a while, and then do the resetting deed.

If it's only the police station that's giving you a problem, I really don't recommend resetting because of it. You can (maybe) adjust your town's theme to try and get the police station to blend in a bit better, so it doesn't feel like it's completely standing out in a negative way. I ain't worth resetting for 1 little mess-up.

Update on my scenario: Gonna reset soon. I'm gonna sell the remaining of my items, leave Marshal with my bestie for a while, and then do the resetting deed.
How goes the resetting, Aetherinne? Have you found a town you like yet?

I'm hoping that it doesn't take too long! It can be frustrating to reset for hours to find just the right map.

How goes the resetting, Aetherinne? Have you found a town you like yet?

I'm hoping that it doesn't take too long! It can be frustrating to reset for hours to find just the right map.
Welp, I'm still selling all the stuff that I have because I don't want it to go into limbo. Eventually my bestie will wake up and safeguard Marshal, and then I will start the cruel, cruel duty of resetting. Can't wait. XD

But thanks for asking. <3

I sorta feel compelled to reset right now... I love my villagers all so much, so so much, but I'm starting to get to a point where I just.... am starting to feel a little stale and want the adventure of a fresh town, to meet new villagers, to plan out a theme.

The thing is that, I could actually afford to get a second cartridge within a few days, and I also get kinda compulsive urges sometimes so I don't want to accidentally do anything I regret, but part of me just.

I love my villagers like my own kids practically but I sorta want to move on in another way?

I sorta feel compelled to reset right now... I love my villagers all so much, so so much, but I'm starting to get to a point where I just.... am starting to feel a little stale and want the adventure of a fresh town, to meet new villagers, to plan out a theme.

The thing is that, I could actually afford to get a second cartridge within a few days, and I also get kinda compulsive urges sometimes so I don't want to accidentally do anything I regret, but part of me just.

I love my villagers like my own kids practically but I sorta want to move on in another way?
Maybe a second cartridge would be a good idea, then? You could always sell it later, if it turns out you don't need it.

okay i'm also thinking about resetting my town it might be today or tomorrow possibly friday but i have 2 important questions that i need help with question 1:can i go to someone's town and drop off my golden tools until i set up my town's set up again and question 2:since i wasn't able to find who gave me the gorgeous set and i don't feel right selling it without that mystery person's permission can also bring it with me to drop off w/the golden tools.and if all that's possible i'm available today i prefer 1pm my time if that's okay or we can work out the details.thank you too anyone that can help me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

or what time works for you i live in the northeast if that helps.

- - - Post Merge - - -

the gorgeous set is going to be 2 trips.

I've been thinking about resetting my town because I'm not 100% happy with it but I didn't want to lose Stitches or Molly. Now I've screwed up and Stitches is moving so I'mnkond of ready to just start over...what does everyone think?

I've been thinking about resetting my town because I'm not 100% happy with it but I didn't want to lose Stitches or Molly. Now I've screwed up and Stitches is moving so I'mnkond of ready to just start over...what does everyone think?
What exactly are you unhappy with?

How unhappy are you? Is it just a slight feeling? Or is it a bigger problem that pops up every time you play?

My town has basically gone to crap as of lately because my I got a bunch of new wii u games, so I kinda wanna reset. But then again I'm so close to completing my mueseum. I have lots of Items that I love, including Pics, and a crapton of money and public works projects... idk.

My town has basically gone to crap as of lately because my I got a bunch of new wii u games, so I kinda wanna reset. But then again I'm so close to completing my mueseum. I have lots of Items that I love, including Pics, and a crapton of money and public works projects... idk.

For how long have you abandoned your town? Unless you actually loathe it, it's usually more rewarding not to reset, but if you've abandoned your town for months, I really understand if you want to. The times I've reset have also been after coming back to the game, because you want a fresh start and you've been so out of it.
I think the best bet is to play for a week or two and see how you like your town. You're likely to see the things you love about it, which makes you not want to reset. It'd be a shame if you make the decision too quickly, so take some time to see if you want to keep this town or not.

For how long have you abandoned your town? Unless you actually loathe it, it's usually more rewarding not to reset, but if you've abandoned your town for months, I really understand if you want to. The times I've reset have also been after coming back to the game, because you want a fresh start and you've been so out of it.
I think the best bet is to play for a week or two and see how you like your town. You're likely to see the things you love about it, which makes you not want to reset. It'd be a shame if you make the decision too quickly, so take some time to see if you want to keep this town or not.

I did it already. Ticks me off that I did, because it was spur of the moment in a way. I'll probably actually rebuild a new town later on... but yeah...

I became unhappy with my town layout last night and decided I would reset in the morning, which I have just done, now I am trying to think of a decent town name!

If you are not happy with your town, reset or get a new cartridge.

That's not at all the best solution in every case, which is why this thread exists. It can be very rewarding to keep your town if you are 'addicted to resetting', where you want to reset because you think you have done too little to your town, but that will only draw you back and eventually you'll want to reset again.

*Posting from my 3DS at like, 3 AM lol.*

Thinking about resetting. I love my villagers (especially Drago, Phoebe, Skye, and Dotty), but that and keeping my items are the only real pros. I'm not very satisfied with any of my villagers' placement, the rock placement, Re-Tail's placement...basically everything's placement. I'm not a fan of my town fruit (pear), and I feel like my bells have gone down the drain from making/destroying PWPs and constantly making/deleting side characters.

Anyone agree that I should reset?

Back