• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The Resetting Thread

I'm considering restarting my town again despite the fact I've five dreamies, a decent town layout, perfect town, completed main street and loads of cool items. Recently two villagers moved in right in the middle of my paths (I miscalculated the day they were moving in and couldnt use the moving in trick) and well honestly I've gotten bored and I'm really uninspired to work on this town anymore. I'v been trying to cycle them out for months and not once have either of them asked to move! Another reason I want to reset is because of all the time travelling I did in this town. I couldn't play everyday cause I had exams... In an ideal world I would be able to afford another copy of the game but i can't soo yeah.... Ugh its so confusing

Last edited:
So I've been resetting my town for like a week now. Then I took a day or two break, came back, and after a few hours found this beauty. It has the two main things I've been looking for: apples and circle grass. (Would have liked a connected beach, but not a must) I also didn't hate the villagers! Stay strong guys--once you find the right one, you just know it. (Also feel free to tell me what you think!!) Smokietown.jpg

Last edited:
So I've been resetting my town for like a week now. Then I took a day or two break, came back, and after a few hours found this beauty. It has the two main things I've been looking for: apples and circle grass. (Would have liked a connected beach, but not a must) I also didn't hate the villagers! Stay strong guys--once you find the right one, you just know it. (Also feel free to tell me what you think!!) View attachment 52987
Oooooh... :eek: I love ittt

Ok so I adopted Diana from a lovely person for my snowboy set items and want to plot reset as I have well laid out PWPs, if I reset with 9 Villagers already can someone in my town leave from the re-loading constantly on a new Character? Dx

Oh yay no losses and Diana found a perfect match-up to Stitches^_^

Last edited:
So I've been resetting my town for like a week now. Then I took a day or two break, came back, and after a few hours found this beauty. It has the two main things I've been looking for: apples and circle grass. (Would have liked a connected beach, but not a must) I also didn't hate the villagers! Stay strong guys--once you find the right one, you just know it. (Also feel free to tell me what you think!!) View attachment 52987

Nice map. And congrats on finding the map you like. What are the villagers?

I FINALLY found my perfect town
tumblr_m9raniAspi1qdlkyg.gif

I got a great map, great town hall, great train station, Lolly (priority dreamie), as well as other villagers I don't hate (Pancetti, Hamlet, Drake, Carmen), and I might even keep Hamlet!
I sadly got apples as a native fruit but I'm going to cut them down and replace with peaches.
Plot resetting for Marshal, Hamphrey, and Tammy.

After over 50 days of long, long resetting, I can finally rest. Will post map soon!

idc about the layout as long as my first villager is bertha. when i started my resettng, i chose the wrong face I wanted and when i arrived, I SAW BERTHA. UGH

Last edited:
Okay I can't believe it but I think I'm going to do this. I'm going to start completely from scratch and not bring anything over from this file. Oh maan, I just hope I don't regret it! I've never put as much effort into an AC town as I have into this one! :p

I've started resetting my second town like crazy. I just found a town that had 3 squirrels as starters wow. And Punchy who's like my favorite ever. But I'm still nto sure if I'll keep the town..

So after almost three hours I've found a town that meets almost all of my requirements. The only thing is it doesn't have any dreamies. Like my villagers are pretty decent (Rodeo, Soleil, Lolly, Axel, Pate) but yeah I'm not sure... Should I keep it?

So after almost three hours I've found a town that meets almost all of my requirements. The only thing is it doesn't have any dreamies. Like my villagers are pretty decent (Rodeo, Soleil, Lolly, Axel, Pate) but yeah I'm not sure... Should I keep it?

you can always move them out besides if your dreamies are starters they might have bad house placements and whatnot. lolly would be pretty easy to trade i think

You could probably trade Lolly, and maybe Soleil for a dreamie, and you can also plot rest for your uchi, smug, and cranky dreamie.
If the map is really good, keep the town.
You can also trade your TBT bells for in-game bells to buy your dreamies.

Thanks for the advice guys! I've decided to keep the town because the map is pretty similar to my old town which I like. I'm glad I reset now, despite losing everything, the game feels so much fresher and more enjoyable like how it did when I first got it a year ago :)

Back