Mafia The Quest for King - Mafia | Game Thread | GAME OVER

I am at the bus stop in the rain atm. Vibes

Gunna look through stuff when I get home particularly to see how Tessa/Ribbit were interacting with geoni/oath/annika

Honestly a couple of things I’m reading from annika I’m kinda like… I don’t really get why you’re realising this stuff now and not earlier, particularly the stuff irt ribbit which is giving me some paranoia rn, ugh I hate lategame lol

Part of me wants to just say trust my instinct on annika cuz in the pat that has been right for me but at the same time I don’t super know annika capacity for longer length games
hlp
ok um

ribbit was pocketing me, she said she was sheeping me d1 and used that as an avenue to vote tessa
that's like, classic piggybacking off of a wrong townie to push agenda

this is the only thing i remember that looks good for me from spew tbh

Tbh assuming I was mafia I wouldn’t be bad enough (I’d hope) to allow my mafia buddies to go all in on me being king there cuz it just makes things look bad for w!me if my campaign for king fails, especially given everyone was pretty set on voting for volt at the time when I started campaigning

Knowing myself it only makes sense for me if coming from a place of town paranoia in terms of increasing my probability of winning, obviously you guys except annika don’t know me particularly well so I can’t really expect you to know that I work largely off logic in my play, which makes this situation annoying lol

i personally wouldn't kill ribbit unless you strongly think they're mafia
Starting to ISO Annika and found this. I could include this in some sorta wall but honestly...feels weird to be an interaction between two wolves if Annika is also a wolf?

hlp
ok um

ribbit was pocketing me, she said she was sheeping me d1 and used that as an avenue to vote tessa
that's like, classic piggybacking off of a wrong townie to push agenda

this is the only thing i remember that looks good for me from spew tbh
maybe I’ll have a look when I go back and look through. Type of thing that feels kinda context dependent

Tbh assuming I was mafia I wouldn’t be bad enough (I’d hope) to allow my mafia buddies to go all in on me being king there cuz it just makes things look bad for w!me if my campaign for king fails, especially given everyone was pretty set on voting for volt at the time when I started campaigning

Knowing myself it only makes sense for me if coming from a place of town paranoia in terms of increasing my probability of winning, obviously you guys except annika don’t know me particularly well so I can’t really expect you to know that I work largely off logic in my play, which makes this situation annoying lol
fair point tbh

for the record, in terms of meta, I feel like I barely know more than anyone else would ;;;
you're good as both alignments and not really different
at most I know stuff that seems wolfie but is actually NAI for you, and that's rlly it

Starting to ISO Annika and found this. I could include this in some sorta wall but honestly...feels weird to be an interaction between two wolves if Annika is also a wolf?
wait
I forgot I said that
oh no
I've wolfsided so hard
although... Tessa DOES consider teammates
that's kinda useful to know

ngl annika being like open about saying she was wolfsiding and doesn’t have much going for her from spew feels kinda towny tbh? Idk

I was planning on checking the flips and posting tonight but thank god I checked it earlier. Not a hige fan of the shortened phase as someone with a busy lives. We sign up for games with an understanding that the host will consistently stick to the phase lengths and EoD times @Trundle .

I wasn't as confident about Tessa as I was about Ribbot so that's pretty satisfying that my two strongest early game wolfreads were wolves. Volt would have to be playing an insane towncred strategy to be winning as a wolf here so at lunch I am going to focus my time Jacob and Annika ISOS because I read Oath's ISO last phase. He's not wholly out of my PoE here but I still enjoyed the uncertainty/tone/engagement against anti-town play.

I ddon't have a wall lol I was just hoping to bait a kill on me lol. I got a solid path for victory I'll present this phase though. Great job btw Volt and honestly Dan you helped this game a lot by being towny and just being sane with your CC jsyk.
The starting paragraph in this feels p towny, feels like the type of thing a maf would probably say in a maf chat rather than in thread publically? Idk

yeah this does make sense
I know I was townleaning Tessa D1 too, although for a different reason, and even though I threw away all my reads, I kinda want to go back to townleaning her just cos I'm struggling to make new thoughts haha
those posts you linked sound good to me too, so it's reasonable

hmmmm
I get what you're saying but I don't really think this is indicative, I agree it's shaky reasoning

I had a similar feeling D1, I thought they could be town bc I saw Daniel say they were insistent on not being the king (though it wasn't enough for me to townlean them)
I guess I haven't noticed the tonal shift but I'll look at what you're talking about

yeah that's a coinflip slot for me tbh
Go to this post and the post from Jacob that Annika is responding to here has a lot of work and referencing from Jacob to put Tessa in a good light. *thinkfaceemoji*

hmmm...?

tbh rereading EoD idk why I thought Ribbit was town, I just realized if she can be kinged consecutively then she could just claim D1 and confirm herself with no repercussions

that's unrelated I just thought about it as I was looking over posts from Tessa lol

anyway she spends a lot of EoD just trying to convince people not to vote Volt and vote Jacob instead
which is um
tbh as I'm rereading EoD I'm kinda reconsidering if Jacob is just mafia bc they both seemed weirdly insistent on him being king specifically but idk help
this could also just be Tessa taking advantage of the situation but it's bothering me as I'm reading through

I know I was pushing Geoni at the same time, but this is probably a good look for him lol
maybe a lighter read though
Post automatically merged:

the narrative that mafia could somehow win if they got kinged that day kinda makes sense

Ribbit claimed a role that would out her as soon as she got one kill off, when she wasn't even in any danger

Tessa and Jacob both desperately wanted Jacob to be kinged after the claim as well

eh... mmmmmmm....
I'll keep reading

oh uh
hmM
she suggests Geoni later too
does anyone have meta on her to know if she would suggest one of her teammates be killed?
the persistence on kinging jacob is so confusing because i dont see how would that help them at all but jacob said he thinks hes reasoning is that i seemed to be more sure to kill ribbit than him what is not true,,, everyone was sure both of us were going for ribbit

Reason I stuck with my instinct on this being the case was honestly both of yall (you and Tessa) having a more defeated tone and that hasn't changed from you today either. I'll get to your ISO later today (linch break already half over ugh) but I still think you had some sort of confidence when you saw me want to vote you king that you and Tessa and ribbot could get both kill powers in your house again.

@Geoni @oath2order

Working under assumption you’re both town, what do you think makes you not a wolf?
My role PM lmao

now i think it's oath again but it's probably recency bias
you guys are evil
umm I was reading through the conversations Geoni was linking and I just stumbled upon this
Gun to head light wolfread based on only reading one of their posts:

Ribbot - Up to 160 just had one post about seeking a king who will kill for the sake of information. Yes, I share this stance, but don't like this by itself and lacking in inquiry or town/wolf hunting is never a good thing in my book even if they are new. I say this because it was a little earlier in these 160 posts.

Gun to head light wolflean based on being a bit fluffy and having blue blood on their hands:

Tessa - What I mentioned above in Ness' section in regards to Shiny handling and post 115 was kind of wolfy post in my eyes because I can't figure out what info she was hoping to gain from asking Shiny about the decoy post. Also post 144...why does chaos produce better info for you vs organized PoEing in your experience?
does anyone have meta experience with Geoni to know if he'd do this as mafia?

both of his wolfreads were wolves

I would probably clear most people for posts like this

Reason I stuck with my instinct on this being the case was honestly both of yall (you and Tessa) having a more defeated tone and that hasn't changed from you today either. I'll get to your ISO later today (linch break already half over ugh) but I still think you had some sort of confidence when you saw me want to vote you king that you and Tessa and ribbot could get both kill powers in your house again.

My role PM lmao
What's your role PM say 👀

now i think it's oath again but it's probably recency bias
you guys are evil
umm I was reading through the conversations Geoni was linking and I just stumbled upon this

does anyone have meta experience with Geoni to know if he'd do this as mafia?

both of his wolfreads were wolves

I would probably clear most people for posts like this
It's not me. What I'll say is that my actions seem obvious now, don't they? 😜

the persistence on kinging jacob is so confusing because i dont see how would that help them at all but jacob said he thinks hes reasoning is that i seemed to be more sure to kill ribbit than him what is not true,,, everyone was sure both of us were going for ribbit
I was hesitant at some points on killing ribbit which they could have capitalised on tbh, if you read my posts from before

But tbh I think probably their main motivator at that point was just to make me look wolfy cuz they (at least ribbit) knew they were prolly gonna die

It helps them because a miskill on me gets them a step closer to a win, either way they were gonna king a town that was prolly gonna kill ribbit so why not go for the more suspicious looking one to make them look bad later

also im Luigi, one of the Masons. there is two of us but ill let Mario say who he is. I think we can use having another confirmed town

Back