Mafia The Quest for King - Mafia | Game Thread | GAME OVER

bc ender was way more active
d2 geoni was only catching up. his reads didn't have much value for anyone bc they were based on outdated data
well i don't think anyone really cared about ender's reads either even after he died

tbf I don't know exactly why he died either though but I'd still kill Geoni there

(the easy answer to that question is that Geoni is mafia and couldn't die)
Post automatically merged:

i mean lets actually play for a bit, like geoni moved his vote from jacob to me on d3 when kinging jacob was a mafia win. also geoni tunneled on jacob yesterday. so
oh also just want to briefly bring up this point again bc I think it's important to understand this

yes Geoni tunneled Jacob
but I still advocated for Jacob to die at the end of yesterday after mulling over it

yes Geoni scumread Ribbit
but I was also advocating for her to die, even though I townleaned her

yes Geoni scumread Tessa
I wanted her dead immediately after Ribbit flipped too though

here's the difference

Geoni has had completely flawless reads, he hasn't shown concern about them being wrong whatsoever and hasn't shown critical thinking/changed his mind about anything

I was STRUGGLING. I wasn't sure about my reads at all, I constantly thought I could just be wrong—and in fact I was wrong about stuff...but I re-evaluated and got to the right answers eventually each time. I thought about the narratives for town!Jacob and mafia!Jacob, and even though I had reasons to townread him, I eventually concluded he was mafia at the end of yesterday.

I had a townlean on Ribbit that I maintained through the night, but I still advocated for her to die. It turns out I was right for the wrong reasons there lol.

I figured Jacob wanting to be king so bad was bc he had some kind of special ability and I didn't want to vote him. That was the right instinct, but again for the wrong reasons: it was because there were four mafs.

genuinely think about it
what is actually more believable to you?

I'm sure Geoni is a great player, but EVERY townie is wrong at some point. EVERYONE.

the thing that makes me town is that my thought process isn't linear. it's messy. i was wrong at some points, i changed my mind, mulled over it, changed my mind about something else, and kept critically thinking.

where can you find that in Geoni's ISO?

actually a really really good point in my favor here is that i had thoughts that were wrong but still inherently townsided (like wanting to kill Ribbit even though I townleaned her, and not wanting to king Jacob bc I thought he had a special ability)

like I just look better if i say "kill Ribbit because I think she's mafia" or "wow there are four maf kill Jacob"

when I'm doing it in this weird convoluted way, it not only goes against the mafia wincon, but it just makes me look worse...which defeats the whole purpose of bussing/townsiding

oh oh oh oh one more thing

did Geoni ever actually explain why he voted Jacob? like yeah he switched by why Jacob in the first place? both you and Volt wanted Ribbit dead

Last edited:
well i don't think anyone really cared about ender's reads either even after he died

tbf I don't know exactly why he died either though but I'd still kill Geoni there

(the easy answer to that question is that Geoni is mafia and couldn't die)

oh also just want to briefly bring up this point again bc I think it's important to understand this

yes Geoni tunneled Jacob
but I still advocated for Jacob to die at the end of yesterday after mulling over it

yes Geoni scumread Ribbit
but I was also advocating for her to die, even though I townleaned her

yes Geoni scumread Tessa
I wanted her dead immediately after Ribbit flipped too though

here's the difference

Geoni has had completely flawless reads, he hasn't shown concern about them being wrong whatsoever and hasn't shown critical thinking/changed his mind about anything

I was STRUGGLING. I wasn't sure about my reads at all, I constantly thought I could just be wrong—and in fact I was wrong about stuff...but I re-evaluated and got to the right answers eventually each time. I thought about the narratives for town!Jacob and mafia!Jacob, and even though I had reasons to townread him, I eventually concluded he was mafia at the end of yesterday.

I had a townlean on Ribbit that I maintained through the night, but I still advocated for her to die. It turns out I was right for the wrong reasons there lol.

I figured Jacob wanting to be king so bad was bc he had some kind of special ability and I didn't want to vote him. That was the right instinct, but again for the wrong reasons: it was because there were four mafs.

genuinely think about it
what is actually more believable to you?

I'm sure Geoni is a great player, but EVERY townie is wrong at some point. EVERYONE.

the thing that makes me town is that my thought process isn't linear. it's messy. i was wrong at some points, i changed my mind, mulled over it, changed my mind about something else, and kept critically thinking.

where can you find that in Geoni's ISO?

actually a really really good point in my favor here is that i had thoughts that were wrong but still inherently townsided (like wanting to kill Ribbit even though I townleaned her, and not wanting to king Jacob bc I thought he had a special ability)

like I just look better if i say "kill Ribbit because I think she's mafia" or "wow there are four maf kill Jacob"

when I'm doing it in this weird convoluted way, it not only goes against the mafia wincon, but it just makes me look worse...which defeats the whole purpose of bussing/townsiding
so geoni strat is bus every mafia buddy and powerwolf by barely posting

why would geoni want to split the votes
they were probably just trying to get kinged any way possible

remember they could all just switch to one person last minute, so it may have been testing the waters or smth

so geoni strat is bus every mafia buddy and powerwolf by barely posting
yeah it was, apparently, lmao

im so eepy
oh oh oh oh one more thing

did Geoni ever actually explain why he voted Jacob? like yeah he switched by why Jacob in the first place? both you and Volt wanted Ribbit dead
@Geoni i want you to answer this yourself

Last edited:

annika im gonna be real to you you didnt look town to me a single moment in this entire game

So if I am reading this correctly I am mafia because I was accurate? Like honestly idk why everyone was crapping on me for calling out ribbots flagrantly wolfy posts and at the time I was doing it people were just saying I was posting about 'something outdated' and that I was in catch up mode and nothing more than a policy kill who needs to be solved even though my first impression reads turned out to nail half the team. Jacob was someone I wasn't uncertain about until I saw how desperate Tessa was at EoD. I still crosschecked you and Oath with Jacob regardless yesterday because I wanted to feel 100 that Volt was sniping out the final wolf.

At the end of the day this is just going to end up being a whole lot of NO U back and forthimg and I'd rather spend some quality time with someone out of game than continue to care about this no offense ro either of yall

What do yalls usernames mean/come from?

So if I am reading this correctly I am mafia because I was accurate?
I mean unironically yes. I'm sure you're a v v great player as town and would be able to get similar accuracy, but the fact remains that even the best players are wrong sometimes. You can be super accurate but there's also generally more thought put into it IMO.

You were accurate but you were also disproportionately confident in your reads, I think. Like ppl can solve the game D1 but they're never too confident about it, especially if they don't have the time to recheck and make sure.
(well I don't actually know you, so maybe you would be that confident, but the fact remains that you're a wolf here so there's probably still truth in what I'm saying)

Like I think I was actually fairly accurate this game too, including wanting to kill you, but I still had a bad D1 that I had to re-evaluate and stuff. I had to think abt it and consider if my reasons to TR people were flawed y'know?

And I think I even saved the game on D3 when it was Jacob vs. Volt tbh. (okay maybe not, but it still feels like I was helpful)
At the end of the day this is just going to end up being a whole lot of NO U back and forthimg and I'd rather spend some quality time with someone out of game than continue to care about this no offense ro either of yall
yeah this is fair, 24 hour phases are kinda unfortunate
but I still have to like. try ahaha
Volt was 100% confident it was me at the start of the phase, I'm not just going to give up and let you win
admittedly we prob don't need to talk much, I just need to convince herrrr
which is so hardddd
What do yalls usernames mean/come from?
it's just my IRL name, I take it on sites where it isn't taken
I had another online username but it's,,,bad. i don't like using it anymore

,,actually I'm kinda busy too, oops
I'll end it early but I still want one more opportunity to talk with Volt

@voltairenism I just need you to explain why you're sus of me and why you TR Geoni
just think of whatever reasons you have and I'll try to counter them or explain them or smth

I think this is genuinely a good excercise when you're approaching the last corner like in F3s
it's been a long game and over time it gets a bit hazy why you're reading people a certain way, but you still retain that general sentiment

if you're explaining them you'll have to remind yourself why you're townreading Geoni or wolfreading me, and you might realize the flaws in your reasoning

do this for me :<
it doesn't even have to be that long :<

Idk what else you want from me Volt it's 4/20 and I'm about to play a really intense game of volleyball

Idk what else you want from me Volt it's 4/20 and I'm about to play a really intense game of volleyball
gl!

okay there's one hour left I'll go submit in a sec

kay so... as a summary

the best thing in my favor is the EoD where I was talking to Jacob, confused about why he wanted to be kinged so badly and advocated against it

the thing that's most outing for Geoni is his initial vote on Jacob when they had no reason to vote him over you
yes, they DID switch it, but they never explained why they voted Jacob in the first place

I think my reads have been objectively townsided to the same degree as Geoni's, even if they weren't the best
but the fact that they were townsided in a convoluted way is a better look for me imo
Geoni having flawless reads is wolfie bc every townie makes mistakes, but he showed a lot of confidence about his reads without showing much re-evaluation or deep thinking

if I'm on the wolfteam we don't kill Ender
Ender died bc he was more accurate than anyone else (bc if they wanted to kill a louder voice then Dan would die), but Geoni was still more accurate, so in a world where I'm wolf the kill just makes no sense

overnight, please think about it just a little and do the excercise where you try to list the reasons you wolfread me and TR Geoni
if you're struggling to explain it to yourself, that's a sign to re-evaluate more and consider my side of the story!

I don't want to say "aw nt Volt, it was a tough decision" postgame
I want to say "OMG VOLT YOU DID IT WTF"

we can win, don't give in to things like "if Geoni's a wolf he deserves to win"
try not to think about the dead ppl being mad if you got it wrong
try not to think about what's the "easy" or "correct" answer.

in the end i have to give you the advice of trusting your gut here. this entire game you've seemed like a rlly adept player who considers a lot of different angles. so even if it might seem hopeless, I trust that you'll make the right choice

you've killed three wolves in a row

you can make it four

you've got this
I BELIEVE IN YOU ✨✨

Last edited:
gl!

kay so... as a summary

the best thing in my favor is the EoD where I was talking to Jacob, confused about why he wanted to be kinged so badly and advocated against it

the thing that's most outing for Geoni is his initial vote on Jacob when they had no reason to vote him over you
yes, they DID switch it, but they never explained why they voted Jacob in the first place

I think my reads have been objectively townsided to the same degree as Geoni's, even if they weren't the best
but the fact that they were townsided in a convoluted way is a better look for me imo
Geoni having flawless reads is wolfie bc every townie makes mistakes, but he showed a lot of confidence about his reads without showing much re-evaluation or deep thinking

Ender died bc he was more accurate than anyone else (bc if they wanted to kill a louder voice then Dan would die), but Geoni was still more accurate, so in a world where I'm wolf the kill just makes no sense

overnight, please think about it just a little and do the excercise where you try to list the reasons you wolfread me and TR Geoni
if you're struggling to explain it to yourself, that's a sign to re-evaluate more and consider my side of the story!

in the end i have to give you the advice of trusting your gut here. this entire game you've seemed like a rlly adept player who considers a lot of different angles. so even if it might seem hopeless, I trust that you'll make the right choice

you can make it four

you've got this
I BELIEVE IN YOU ✨✨
Flawed logic on that Ender kill reasoning but this is a great pageant speech, ngl.

The end of this post is going to become iconic if you win as the final wolf in this game.

gl!

kay so... as a summary

you can make it four

you've got this
I BELIEVE IN YOU ✨✨
almost made me want to give you the win

you need to vote btw

by saying the ender part is flawed you're implying the rest of the parts are not : D

/j

I don't get how it's flawed though? I would just kill you if I were a wolf
or Dan
Ender was TRing Jacob and I

so the kill doesn't make sense if I'm on the wolf team

almost made me want to give you the win

you need to vote btw
volt you have to think about it more 🙏
also ty i forgot lol

https://emojipedia.org/folded-hands

,,,,,,,,,,I did not mean to post the link but okay ;-;

like the interactions between Jacob and I are super weird if we're both wolves
(I keep going back to this but) I was talking directly to him at that EoD where I was just confused by his perspective

the part about me thinking he'd have a special ability if he got kinged is REALLY TOWNIE
ik it loses its effect when I'm the one telling you about it, but still I can't come up with that if I'm mafia ;;;

Geoni has some interactions but they're just like basic stuff and super fakeable hhh hh

oh sorry
gl

Back