• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The Phobias Thread

ok.sean

actually not ok
Bells
Switch
7820-3205-7436
Father's Day Carnation
I couldn't find a thread like this, so I thought I'd start one up.

I have two major phobias: Crustaceans and Elevators.
Crustaceans becuase dear god all 6 of their eggshell legs are moving at once and sharp pincers jesus christ
Elevators becuase I'm already mildly claustrophobic, combined with always being skeptical of machinery to get someone who hasn't ridden an elevator since 2012 (got stuck in one for an hour and a half)

what do you mean about crustaceans? they're extremely delicious. are you a scuba diver or something?? where are you encountering them with all of their legs moving at you?? if you ever dive and see crustaceans, you will probably observe all kinds of fish hungrily circling them, because they are the most delicious creatures in the sea!

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh- re elevators-- this is why the Lord invented cell phones-- so people have something to pretend to do while riding the elevators-- next time just hop in, and whip out your phone, check emails or pretend to check them with a serious expression, you'll reach your floor in no time..

what do you mean about crustaceans? they're extremely delicious. are you a scuba diver or something?? where are you encountering them with all of their legs moving at you?? if you ever dive and see crustaceans, you will probably observe all kinds of fish hungrily circling them, because they are the most delicious creatures in the sea!
The edible part isn't the problem it's that they're like giant sea spiders and I already dnt f/ w/ the sea or spiders
Riding the elvator isn't the problem, it's getting stuck on one.

Last edited:
I only really fear the unknown, aliens, and doctors. Most of my other fears I've gotten over with studying and learning to admire instead of fear.

hello i am emetophobic
this is my third time explaining on these forums lol but basically what that means is i have a severe fear of belching. whether its me who is vomiting, or someone else, or i just see vomit somewhere, or hear someone puking, or even smell it, i'll have a panic attack
i know the idea of throwing up isnt scary but actually very natural but idk i cant help but cry everytime someone brings it up aha. its gotten me to the point of being very afraid of anything that could potentially make me sick (sick people, dirty items, etc)

I don't really think I have any phobias, maybe apiphobia, fear of bees. My step-grandpa has achondroplasiaphobia, fear of midgets. Yep.

The edible part isn't the problem it's that they're like giant sea spiders and I already dnt f/ w/ the sea or spiders
Riding the elvator isn't the problem, it's getting stuck on one.

oh yeah youre right- they are definitely like big spiders/bugs. tasty spiders/bugs, especially with lemon juice or remoulade suace. do you also have phobia of spiders? i love spiders, and feel genuine remorse every time i have to hunt down and kill a big one for the innocent crime of intruding into my house.

oh yeah youre right- they are definitely like big spiders/bugs. tasty spiders/bugs, especially with lemon juice or remoulade suace. do you also have phobia of spiders? i love spiders, and feel genuine remorse every time i have to hunt down and kill a big one for the innocent crime of intruding into my house.

that was a roller coaster of thoughts

- - - Post Merge - - -

hello i am emetophobic
this is my third time explaining on these forums lol but basically what that means is i have a severe fear of belching. whether its me who is vomiting, or someone else, or i just see vomit somewhere, or hear someone puking, or even smell it, i'll have a panic attack
i know the idea of throwing up isnt scary but actually very natural but idk i cant help but cry everytime someone brings it up aha. its gotten me to the point of being very afraid of anything that could potentially make me sick (sick people, dirty items, etc)

I have the same thing, but it's pretty minor
It might just be germaphobia but idk

i have severe social anxiety, to the point where it could b considered a phobia

i have a strong fear of elevators, but i dont know if it's a phobia anymore? it definitely was when i was younger but now i don't always have an anxiety attack when i'm forced to go in them so idk. i still always take the stairs when i can tho

Sharks and crocodiles/alligators. This carries into even video games which sucks because they show up pretty often. Even the really blocky crocodiles and sharks in PS1 era Tomb Raider games terrify me.

On an even more pathetic note I'm low-key afraid of any fish/thing that swims.

Last edited:
Sharks and crocodiles/alligators. This carries into even video games which sucks because they show up pretty often. Even the really blocky crocodiles and sharks in PS1 era Tomb Raider games terrify me.

On an even more pathetic note I'm low-key afraid of any fish/thing that swims.

This is tragic! I love sharks so much, one of the things I used to fear blindly until I studied them and learned how freaking cool they are!

im not really afraid of them but, tiny fast moving spiders, its a bit creepy because they move so fast,

how, how are you going that quick, my sweet little honey-bun??

hello i am emetophobic

same

Spiders and, to a lesser extent, yeah, crustaceans that are reminiscent of spiders. Also claustrophobic, when in narrow hallways or rooms without windows. I have a visual phobia of a certain kind but god knows someone would just spam pictures in the thread to trigger it so I won't specify with that one :p But ugh, yes, spiders and tiny spaces, dnw.

I have an actual debilitating fear of heights. If I'm too high up and I look down, or even just knowing that I'm high up, my whole body shuts down.

I can't speak, my knees get weak, and I just want to fall on the ground and curl up in a ball, or I get this weird sensation of just wanting to jump.

The mall I go to is built perfectly to cause this everytime I go up an escelator.

portland+pioneer+place+interior+2.jpg

I can handle planes, though. I even like looking out the window. It's just standing somewhere high up absolutely destroys me.

Last edited:
Back