• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Island of Unova

Island/Town Name
Unova
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Orange
Native Flower
Pansies

BossMK

Dedede enthusiast
Bells
Island
Unova
New Horizons Token
Orange (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Hello!
here is a small introduction of my island and what I'll be using this thread for!

The Island of Unova
2020043020281100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

first things first, as people who played pokémon black/white know Unova is basically the region from that game. That was the first pokémon game I took seriously and really enjoyed, so I really just have been using the name since for any town I have to name, including new leaf and even in tomodachi life. Tomodachi actually butchered the name when pronouncing it (in-game voice audio), calling it un-ova, but that way also stuck with me so now I enjoy pronouncing my island un-ova.
I'm more of a completionist than an island designer, but I mix both as completing the place is a pain without time traveling (I do still do it, but its MUCH more mild since I trade turnips, usually only to go on to days that I know I won't be able to play the game and switch it back to regular time when I check out what I wanted) and I do still have some designs in mind on how I want the town to look, but I don't like spending extravagant amounts of time building it, so I'll build up slowly and surely.

Residents
BossMK- The island representative (and current author of this thread). His best friends are the two penguins of the island, Roald and Sprinkle
Tia- the Elephant maid of the island. Very nice in nature and often is seen sweeping the plaza and giving away random shirts.
Butch- The Grouchy dog. Loves the great outdoors and loves driving cars. Often gets into grumpy competitions with Apollo, and has a great singing voice.
Liala- The Shy human. doesn't talk much but loves to plant fruit (and bells).
Nate- The Lazy bear. Talks a lot about his bug collection & tries to cook food with a fruit infuser...
Apollo- The Old eagle. Reminisces a lot about the past when he sees young people, and thinks that Butch needs to be more Grouchy.
ZaK- The Spry human. owns a turnip field where he leaves his precious turnips before he sells. Best friends with Daisy Mae.
Sprinkle- The pop-star penguin. The most popular on the island, often gets into fights and thinks her friends don't want her to apologize for any wrongs she commits against them. Sings a lot about "stick-thing".
Agent S- The Secret-agent Squirrel. A secret agent in town with a big social media base, Like Sprinkle but a better mindset. Sings a lot about stick-thing (Seriously, whats with the pop-stars and stick-thing?)
Quassy- The laid-back human. often breeds flowers in town and eats the oranges that grow there.
Ken- The Ninja Chicken. Doesn't actually do ninja like activities but does like to eat sandwiches sitting by the sea.
Poncho- The Buff bear-cub. Small bear but could bench press Nate if he wanted to, often spends time at home doing curls and talking about workouts.
Roald- The penguin with a dream. Has the dream to be a coach one day and claims to workout a lot, but is often seen eating a donut while sitting by the river claiming it helps work his abs.
Mint- The Laid back Squirrel. Recently moved in but is often seen relaxing and drinking orange smoothies. Likes to say "ahhhh" a lot.

What I'll do with this thread
Since this is a journal and I already did most of the interesting things, I'll use this thread as a journal for a different character, more of a role-play that I hope is interesting and still shows off the island (I don't know how often I'll post).

???’s Journal, day 1
2020043022002900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Entry 1
My name is….I don’t remember. I woke up on the beach of this place and…I don’t know where nor who I am. Found a journal in my pockets…along with a nicely compacted tent! I was hoping to find out a little about myself with the journal but a good portion was water logged and the ink spread on the page. It was unreadable… So I let it dry and made some use of it, no use wasting it! Maybe I’ll remember soon enough. In the meantime I set up my tent where I first woke up and now have to find some means of warmth for the night…

Entry 2
I think I must’ve been a survivalist before I ended up here, I knew how to make a makeshift axe and even a fishing rod, all from muscle memory! Now I have a campfire and I’m able to catch food! The only thing to do now is to explore the island.

Entry 3
I saw a quite a few lights southeast of my tent, and I think I saw movement too… I want to go investigate but I don’t know if it’s safe, so I’ll wait until tomorrow…or at least until I know for sure nobody is outside… worst case scenario…I’ll have to run and hide behind some trees and hope for the best.

Back