• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

is there a lag or something with earning tbt? i started today with 30 tbt and then responded to two different threads which earned me about 6 tbt but now it says i have only 28 tbt. it didn't say in the transaction history thing that i lost any tbt either...

If you edited your post to a shorter reply, then yes you lose some. Also as discussed above if you use the IMG uploader onsite rather than linking directly between the

Quick Question: I would like to suggest if you guys can add a standard clock for everyone to see and follow so we are not confused with times. Is there a standard TBT time we can all use as a reference?

Quick Question: I would like to suggest if you guys can add a standard clock for everyone to see and follow so we are not confused with times. Is there a standard TBT time we can all use as a reference?

Sounds like a good idea, but the default time is GMT-5. If you're living in Texas during daylight savings time, the time when logged out is the same as yours. But during standard time, it's the same as the east coast (Florida, New York, Massachusetts etc).

But when they have something called Fair Time during the TBT Fair, it's always synchronized with New York's main time.

Where does TBT come from? It's been a long time since I played ACNL. I seem to have almost 800tbt but I don't know how I got it or how I can get more? I appreciate anyone who can help. Also when I reply to someone in the forums does that user get pinged? Thanks again.

I seem to have almost 800tbt but I don't know how I got it or how I can get more?

Posting in some boards will give you Bells. Trading boards and The Basement don't - the rest probably do.

Also when I reply to someone in the forums does that user get pinged?

No.

By the way, there's no point in putting in a double space between sentences as the second space just gets treated as HTML whitespace and removed. That was mostly a typewriter-era thing, if a thing at all - did you learn double spaces from an old teacher at school or something? I did, and we used Courier New which made it look even worse.

Got a question that rose to my mind recently, with some people adding me (I don't mind more bromiga(o)s here), but what's really the different between "contact" and "friend" on the list? Because when I go and check the Friend's List in edit mode, some friends don't have all the boxes check and you have to manually send them a new request? And I've seen some randomly appear on the list without me remembering adding them (or I they might have done but I have missed it, dunno) and I have to manually send them back a request and check the boxes etc.

Still they have a + to their username? :confused:

Also....can you please include collective dates when gifting collectibles? I had a lot of candy drama in another thread because of sending the wrong collectible...

I know this has probably been answered before, but I can't seem to find where... if I buy a username change, how do I use it?

You contact the staff, and tell them what username you want.

Yeah, or rather make a thread in the Contact the Staff board.

Also yeah it would be awesome if the dates could be seen in inventory, it's kind of annoying hiding and un-hiding collectibles if you need a certain date x.x

I know this has probably been answered before, but I can't seem to find where... if I buy a username change, how do I use it?

I was going to ask if you -could- change your name, and this answers it! How does one go about purchasing a name change and how much does it cost? I haven't played in over a year and am making a new town with a new mayor name, and would like my forum name here to reflect that. =)

2 questions here: how do you change the title of a thread you create and how do you choose which of your collectibles are shown/not shown

Back